Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
50th-1.jpg

So what does my babe get the guy who has everything for his 50th?

starflower-1.jpg starflower-2.jpg starflower-3.jpg starflower-4.jpg starflower-5.jpg starflower-6.jpg

That's what!! :)

Happy Birthday Keith! Congrats on the cap, it's impressive. You're a lucky man to have a thoughtful wife like that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
What could be more appropriate, than letting The Southern Cross shine upon one's head on such a day? Happy birthday, young friend. I wish you a nice cool summer breeze, so you really can enjoy it :clap: :eusa_booh :dance: :drum:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thank you, my dear friends. You guys rock. How great it would be to kick back with you all in person and share a coffee or a beer in each others' company? Barring that, this is a sweet second and I cherish the camaraderie I feel here. So now I'll mop up the soggy tear-soaked keyboard and gobble the olive from my martini.

Again, thanks! :coffee:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Gentlemen, turn your monitors to desaturation and anyone prone to epileptic seizures are obliged to look away. Meet 'The Chinook', based on a 1920's Canadian cap in my collection (not to be confused with 'The Canuck', another of my Canadian patterns). Vintage Italian wool, antique kimono silk lining, leather visor and half-sweatband.

I came up with leather as a visor material after reading that some caps had them in one of the Canadian ads posted a few months back here. Turns out to be a great supple material and holds the shape without kinking/weakening...

chinook#2-1.jpg chinook#2-2.jpg chinook#2-3.jpg chinook#2-4.jpg chinook#2-5.jpg chinook#2-6.jpg

While I'm pretty sure the wool is 1970s, it has some of that 1930s craziness to it. The saving grace is that it is 100% wool, and a very finely made one at that.

If after viewing this you notice dozens of dead pixels on your screen, don't look at me, I just work here.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24