Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

jhe888

One of the Regulars
After Keith's crazed Chinook, this new Borsalino seems sedate, if not even a little drab.

But lets call it classic, instead.

It is a summer hat, but the price was right and it will be 60 today and into the 70s on Saturday, so it isn't completely out of season. It should be perfect for out hot, humid Gulf Coast summers. It couldn't be lighter. I'll channel Ben Hogan and wear it when I play golf. Perhaps it will help my iron play be more like the Wee Ice Man's.

The tag had a brilliant translation from Italian. It reads:

Congratulations! You bought a traditional made hat by precious clothes and manually well-finished. Our product is the result of our passion and experience for an article that has marked epoches and traditions.

Simonds

Vendor
Nice cap, Keith! Wild fabric! BTW, great birthday cap as well by Cordova!

jhe888, nice Borsalino, I really like the shape of that cap!

Che, very sharp knitted cap!

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
jhe - That's a terrific Borso - believe it or not, I've got a similar cap, though you'd never think it from my last wild hair. Goes with your whole ensemble perfectly - great glasses and jacket!

Thanks for the thumbs up, Dale/Barry/Richard!

DamianM

Vendor
This guy has one ugly cap on
Sydney+Police+Vintage+Mugshots+%25281920%2527s-1940%2527s%2529+33.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
ok some fun caps posted recently here...& the antique photo well that's the way it was during hard times...

ok so some Saturday fun for all a very old music video
with some interesting caps on a few of my pals
im wearing a police cap,,,,,,,,,

[video=youtube;lqvLsLew-3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvLsLew-3Y&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

my cousins band RCR
:cool:

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
Just ordered a new black/white herringbone with full leather sweat from Barry Simonds. Love my two early Simonds caps. Looking forward to the new one. Although I love fedoras, it's so windy in my part of the world a good part of the time that caps are a necessity on certain days.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Tough guy kool video Che but you as a cop is a stretch ;)

CPT/VSG, no excuses needed to order a Simonds cap, your amongst the reformed here.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Talented cousins, Che! Loved the video. Sure that wasn't you backflipping across the table?

CPT/VSG, please post your new arrival when you get it - we always love to see the master's handiwork!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points