Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Airing out my 1930's herringbone 8-panel today. One of the first vintage caps I bought.

1930s-knubbly8-1.jpg 1930s-knubbly8-2.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Keith: How many caps do you own? You keep showing off new ones and they are all rather attractive.

TT, I have absolutely no idea. Kind of afraid to count. I suppose I'll know before long as I'm going to thin my collection in the next few months.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's a find from yesterday, a CC41 " Mackenzie make" British cap from c 1942-53-ish, it's slightly grubby more so the lining but in very good condition otherwise, it fits a bit snug so need to stretch it a little.
2i1ffkk.jpg
xdxzkp.jpg

2my41u.jpg
2824c2p.jpg

ofq7v6.jpg

Any ideas on washing and stretching, I guess it's wool/wool mix?

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Very very nice, esteban68!! I was just discussing the fact that not many 1940s caps are seen out there. Good find! I'm sure it's wool. You can gently wool-wash it, but the liner may suffer if it is fraying anywhere...

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here you go hopefully by the power of mobile ( if it's worked ok?) If not I'll upload some more via my conventional method of the ones I've just taken! busy weekend as Le Tour starts proper tomorrow and it's in my neck of the woods as stage 2 finishes in Sheffield on Sunday.
34eax55.jpg

2yvqv0y.jpg

Sorry for the big images, the stretching over an old pudding basin worked well as it's now a perfect fit, only very slight issue is the brim fastener pops open quite easily but the weight of the cloth stops it flopping about.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24