Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
New cap made, after almost 2 months of abstinence. Patterned on one of my coolest 1920's 8-panels.

'Jass' Cap: 1940's herringbone tweed, vintage indigo cotton liner, reeded leather sweat and leather visor, vintage snap.

Jass-8-panel-herringbone1.jpg Jass-8-panel-herringbone2.jpg
Jass-8-panel-herringbone3.jpg Jass-8-panel-herringbone4.jpg Jass-8-panel-herringbone5.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Al, it is nice, but not durable or heavy enough as a shell. I have stronger indigo wool that is close to that fabric, that would be much more sturdy. Thanks for the kind words, buddy!

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
That is one of them, but I can handle that as I'm a visually oriented person. Certain technical details hang me up, but it's all part of trying to nut all of this out with no-one's assistance. Lots of trial and error.

That is one of them, but I can handle that as I'm a visually oriented person...
I could tell that by the results you've achieved--you have a knack for using "difficult" patterns and finding a way to make them work so that the designs "flow" once the caps are assembled. In my opinion that is one of the marks of a true craftsman, as opposed to someone who is slapping 'em together with no pride whatsoever in their work.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Summer Newsboys

My old Kangol summer touring caps have bit the dust and, while I normally wear a newsboy down to work in cooler weather, I don't like to wear a wool herringbone newsboy when its warm, which it might finally start being around here.

Can anyone recommend any cloth newsboys or other summer caps outside of ball caps that would be sort of (traditionally) appropriate for wear to the office?

Wow, been a long time since I stopped in. The forum sure looks different!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner