Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Feraud

Bartender
I'd like to see repro caps with a silhouette like this-
books

T Rick

Practically Family
Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Rick you might want to send them an email.
I want to get an engineers cap some day. My grandfather wore one all the time an I have a picture with me wearing one as a kid.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
I was looking at one of those Lofgren caps on ebay. It had it listed as Large, but in the description it said it was Medium. I also saw a Wigens cap that had a shipment quote for Australia, but then in the description said they did not ship Wigens out of the US. That kind of thing sort of shakes my faith in making a purchase - if they can't even list things correctly.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Stetson Hatteras (made in Germany) 'TROPICAL WOOL' cap - 97% wool, 3% elastane. The fabric is so light that when you hold it up to the light, you can see through it. The sweat band is even made out of the same material and is totally prickle free. Not as durable, squashable or washable like my hat people caps though, and a little dearer, but not having a lining and the fabric sweatband (usually the hottest part of the hat) makes this a lovely breezy comfortable cap for summer, and it's wool. Being a wool grower, I may be prejudiced, but I think for caps wool is better than cotton, linen or synthetics. This tropical wool I believe is lighter weight than linen. I've ordered a linen hp cap as well, for summer, as a knock-about cap and will leave this cap for dressing up.

100_5635 by Adnamira, on Flickr

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
I recently purchased an Ivy or Duck Bill style Borsalino Doria cap. I find it interesting that you can wear any version of the cheap baseball style cap and noone says you look like a baseball player. The moment you put on a duck bill style they say "you look like a taxi driver!

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I have one co worker how always says "you should be driving a sports car." When he see's me with one of my caps on.
I always tell him it is broke down in my drive way.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails