Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I had one similar back in 1953

Feb1954.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Never thought I would see it Alan - a hat you do NOT look good in!

Gromulus, I think that shot of Alan is a new classic!

I think he should model one of my two recent acquisitions ('cause I sure as hell ain't gonna). The wool knit has a turned up leather sweatband (with lip), but stitching is not very tight. Age is beyond me. Any guesses?

The other 'thing' is (to me) obviously '20s or '30s. For the price, I had to buy it. :eusa_doh:

WoolCap.jpg

Beanie.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Alan, I know from prior posts that you're a whiz on computers. Any chance you could place that cap convincingly atop the pulchritudinous child in your avatar?

Love those caps, Scott... I'd be happy to pose in 'em. Two digit postal codes began during WWII, so the brown/yellow one is later than 1943.

Thanks for the notes on the wee cap and thank you Randall, for the excellent avatar suggestion!

cheers,
Alan

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
Just got my new B!Wear Cap (thanks for the recommendation I love it, I wish they made Ivy caps), enjoying a nice October afternoon. Just split some wood and got a fire going, crazy weather up here. This year we've had a hurricane, Tornado, and now a winter storm in October, all in Hudson Valley NY.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Looking good there Dr. V, if you could get the chance, some more (close up?) pics of the B Wear would be appreciated. Don't have any from them yet, probably should try one. I just wore my green/brown/black Hat Peoples cap to a Blues Club Friday night, got several compliments on it.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Hat People Linen full cut cap... and my custom Gilet 000 guitar :D Bit overexposed light on the cap. It actually has a small tear on the edge of the brim... gunna be a casual cap, so I couldn't be bothered complaining about it. Could have been done by customs... packaging was in pretty bad shape when it arrived.

Gilet hp by Adnamira, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails