Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

The Harold Cap

122911.jpg

haroldcap1.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Johnny J
the brim is really stiff dont know what it is made of.
gotta work some character in it.
if this cap had a leather sweatband it would be killer.
not a fiftys & up cut.... straight up old school
depression era cut

Really looking forward to seeing these caps!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Johnny J
well yes...
for a repop yes, but you cant compare this to mr freedom but at less than half there price there great for me. I have a horsehide mr freedom cap & it is a killer cap ! its a diffrent style 6 panel. but back to this cap. i want to see what the twill looks like because i would have 2 examples to check for constincacy, the mailman passed no 2nd hat yet.
i think rlk ordered a couple & i would have more respect of his take on these.
remember these have that depression look that current hat makers except mr freedom cant or dont know whats up.
so this is good thing for us..... im not a cap pro though i have a lot vintage & bespoke made for me & its a good cap

Got my Retro Sport from France today and I do like it very much! Will post pics later tonight.

Thanks Ed. I like the proportions on this one too. It is nice and full. I tacked the removable liner in with basting stitches last night. Can't image I would ever want to remove it.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Got my Retro Sport from France today and I do like it very much! Will post pics later tonight.
I got my 2ndcap brown twill type fabric in also. i like it more than the herringbone wool cap.
i gotta get some pics to TWH so he can post up.
it has the side profile like the HAROLD cap & rlk's cap

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I will post another pic of the inside too. IMO its just too hard to get an original vintage 30s cap in my size (7 3/8) and this one looks ALOT better than other repro's I've seen and tried on.
Johnny J
how is the fit? i had steamed my 2 caps & the rear hooks on the rear profile stand out, are you pulling it down in the rear?
i did notice that the rear of my caps would be nicer if they were just slighty taller like a 1/4''.
a leather sweat band would make em real nice. but like you say better than whats out there for shure
vintage is just a struggle to find

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff