Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Those Mr Freedom caps look very, very good. Compare to the Tous Les Sports cap I just posted. It's (Mr freedom) pretty much perfect, hence the price. The previous poster is correct: In sizes larger than 7 1/8, for perfect condition, in those kinds of fabrics, you're going to pay as much as a Mr Freedom - if enough people see it.

bk

The best ever Casquette advertising?

$(KGrHqJ,!iYE6ZWtPfm0BOoJND4GUQ~~60_12.JPG

bk

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Good Luck Johnny contact john@misterfreedom.com John can tell you what choice you have. You are my same size so they might have another of the one I have or a plain grey color left. That's all they had in 7 3/8 when I bought mine back in December. The Retro Sport cap you bought is nice.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Good Luck Johnny contact john@misterfreedom.com John can tell you what choice you have. You are my same size so they might have another of the one I have or a plain grey color left. That's all they had in 7 3/8 when I bought mine back in December. The Retro Sport cap you bought is nice.

Thanks. I spoke to him today and he said there is a nice earth tone herringbone weave he has and highly recommends. I might get it. I was able to get my hands on a vintage newsboy today on the bay, so I used up some of the funds. Will post pics when I get it.

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Has anyone had any experience with Hats of Ireland? I have a small auction that often has hats/caps, and they have a cashmere cap, very plain, and in the style that I like to wear.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Last edited:

DNO

One Too Many
So after gazing longingly at all the great photos on this thread, I've finally managed to find a cap! While rifling through all the made in China modern caps at a thrift store today this lovely olive green cap leaped out at me.

cap1.png

capinside.png

cap3.png

It's my first cap, so a couple of questions:

1. Do any of you fine cap-wearing gentlemen know the rough age of the cap?
2. The cap is slightly small. Can a cap be stretched like a fedora?

DNO

One Too Many
Thanks Randall. Gave it a bit of stretch and wore it on my evening walk. Very comfortable and it gave me a nice change from a fedora. Now...just have to find some more caps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou