Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Adnamira

A-List Customer
One of the downsides I've found with my new Zasu cap is that having a cap the size and shape of an Imperial Star-destroyer induces in the wearer episodes of megalomania and ideations of intergalactic conquest... or maybe that is just me.

100_5863 by Adnamira, on Flickr

pipvh

Practically Family
I'm seriously contemplating a Mister Freedom 'La Deffe' cap - always been a fan of the Apache look - but the price is a bit of an eye-waterer. Are Retro Sport and Zasu a decent alternative fit- and detail-wise, or does it have to be Monsieur Freedom? All the details mentioned further up the thread are important to me: high back, wideness, long-ish bill.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I'm seriously contemplating a Mister Freedom 'La Deffe' cap - always been a fan of the Apache look - but the price is a bit of an eye-waterer. Are Retro Sport and Zasu a decent alternative fit- and detail-wise, or does it have to be Monsieur Freedom? All the details mentioned further up the thread are important to me: high back, wideness, long-ish bill.

Retro Sport is closer and better looking IMO if you don't want to pay the Mister Freedom price. I asked Mister Freedom if they would keep making these caps with modern fabrics, as long as they have the leather sweat. Have not heard from them yet. But I don't think you will be dissapointed with the Casquette Retro Sport. Go for it!!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
NOS Malrov. Can anyone help me dating this cap?

DSC04316.jpg

DSC04317.jpg

DSC04300.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

pipvh

Practically Family
Thanks for the input. I like the Retro Sport fabrics. Mister Freedom doesn't have exactly what I want in my size - I'm going to ask John if they're planning to do more. I loved the dark blue/nubbly white cross-hatch but that one is sold out. It's houndstooth or plain at the moment, but I've been fancying something a bit more - how to say - assertive.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the input. I like the Retro Sport fabrics. Mister Freedom doesn't have exactly what I want in my size - I'm going to ask John if they're planning to do more. I loved the dark blue/nubbly white cross-hatch but that one is sold out. It's houndstooth or plain at the moment, but I've been fancying something a bit more - how to say - assertive.
The dark blue nubby sold out last summer when they where first made.
John said they had not decide if they will make more.
Mr. Freedom is not known for repeating their offerings.
Retro Sport is going to be having new fabric caps coming soon

Makes for an interesting direct comparison since our photos are so similar. Well done M. Freedom. The only thing I don't like is the rivet that penetrates the underside of the bill. Ruins the look of the bill IMO.

DSC04329.jpg
TousLesSports1.jpg

I suspect Master Freedom may have got some inspiration from old French advertising, non?

DSC04328.jpg
TousLesSports2.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic