Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Mr. Seabass Sir! These are some extraordinary caps! :eusa_clap This shop wouldn´t do mailorder too, wouldn´t it?

Frank
Hello St, V & Thank You
Al's Attire is a old school shop. You go in talk ,measure up, He takes a lot of photos of you, pick your own fabrics, linings, details, you come back for a fitting, they take care of any adjustments. I dont think they do stuff on-line or by phone. un-less you have been there & he had you measurements & remembered what type of fabrics you need for your
enviorment.....Than he does ship out stuff to clients. but heck if you know your exact size.. for a cap maybe you can try to email him or call... they dont have a good web site & dont advertise so they really do things old school... you walk in there & your transformed to a diffrent time zone.....as for calls to the shop they hardly answer the phone & dont really reply back to messages.
But Al has been pretty good with answering emails lately..
try a email handmade@alsattire.com ,Tell him Che sent you that might help
the caps arent cheap but a very good deal for the quality & are much less than something like a M F cap..
Im lucky im on the family plan there very lucky..
thank you again

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I've got a question for the cap people. My favorite sport is rowing and sculling and we always wear a ball cap. The vintage caps are like this one.

Has anyone seen anything like this eight panel, made of cotton? I'd really like to replace the ball caps. I've checked ebay and googled, but only come up with ball caps.

I'm not concerned about the embroidery.

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I've got a question for the cap people. My favorite sport is rowing and sculling and we always wear a ball cap. The vintage caps are like this one.

Has anyone seen anything like this eight panel, made of cotton? I'd really like to replace the ball caps. I've checked ebay and googled, but only come up with ball caps.

This looks like a cycling cap to me. Check out. http://www.walzcaps.com/
They do custom caps. I always wear a cycling cap under my helmet whenridding my bike.

seabass

Call Me a Cab

I saw a few like that without that cool chainstiching at Al's Attire he has a few caps for little kids he makes like that...

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Anon. 8-panel Cap

P1040172.JPG
P1040173.JPG

seabass

Call Me a Cab
rlk, Sweet cap !!!!!
man nothing like a original vintage cap
wish i can find em, these repros are killin me $$$

Forum statistics

Threads