Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Hanna and Wigens caps

Two caps I've been enjoying recently...

DSCN1072-1.jpg

Hanna brown tweed

DSCN1068-1.jpg

Wigens earflap cap

seabass

Call Me a Cab
P1030500.JPG
P1030502.JPG]

P1030506.JPG

Fur-lined interior headband/flap. No leather components. Reg. No. is from 1928, so no older than that.
Now Thats A Winner ! could you post a side pic to see the profile that modern cap makers are missing..... Nice cap !
Hope the french ebayer comes close to this cut....

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. Here's a profile.
P1030510.JPG
rlk thank you for this pic
thats the hook on the profile ! the brim is nice & wide almost ear to ear & the front length nice & long, snap not on the tip & the 8 points. nice that makes the cut & hook profile. wow ! no one is coming close to this cut, well mr freedom is good & they are using period fabric.
cant beat a vintage original. man that is a nice cap !
thanks for the education !
do you have any 6 panel caps ? i have seen some that have a good profile & hook

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Hi flat top I got 2 on the way ill post fit info when they arrive. i ordered 12-12-11
cool sizing info they post that made it easy for me to figure my size & now i know im a T59 in French sizing !

seabass we have the same size (T59). According to Brigitte she shipped my hat out 12-16-11 and still not here. Looks like it should be a good vintage style cut. Will post pics also.

email68

One of the Regulars
Bad month to order a cap I guess. Ordered one from the Hat People on Dec 1 and I'm still waiting. I hate waiting :D.

It will be my first cap so I'm extra anxious.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
seabass we have the same size (T59). According to Brigitte she shipped my hat out 12-16-11 and still not here. Looks like it should be a good vintage style cut. Will post pics also.
Johnny J
I ordered 2 & recieved 1 yesterday weird why they would ship seperatly or a mix up.the seller did ship on the 16th. the 1 that arrived is the herring bone. the cut looks just like rlk's cap it has 8 points long brim frontways snap placed just like rlk's except the brim is slightly narrow in width compared to rlk's. the fit is dead on im 7 1/4LO i just have to give it some character & steam before i wear it out, i showed it to my pop & he instantly said now thats a real oldie... it has the hook profile & the fabric is warm it looks good but cant compare to some real vintage fabric but does have some body to it & is not flimsy at all..so that profile rear hook does stand at attention.
I cant post pics yet gotta wait for my kids to help me when they visit... for me its a hassel im old school
i will inform how the other cap is on its arrival it was the twill like solid brown color.....

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Johnny J
I ordered 2 & recieved 1 yesterday weird why they would ship seperatly or a mix up.the seller did ship on the 16th. the 1 that arrived is the herring bone. the cut looks just like rlk's cap it has 8 points long brim frontways snap placed just like rlk's except the brim is slightly narrow in width compared to rlk's. the fit is dead on im 7 1/4LO i just have to give it some character & steam before i wear it out, i showed it to my pop & he instantly said now thats a real oldie... it has the hook profile & the fabric is warm it looks good but cant compare to some real vintage fabric but does have some body to it & is not flimsy at all..so that profile rear hook does stand at attention.
I cant post pics yet gotta wait for my kids to help me when they visit... for me its a hassel im old school
i will inform how the other cap is on its arrival it was the twill like solid brown color.....

Nice! Hopefully I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait to see and try on.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Johnny J
the brim is really stiff dont know what it is made of.
gotta work some character in it.
if this cap had a leather sweatband it would be killer.
not a fiftys & up cut.... straight up old school
depression era cut

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Johnny J
the brim is really stiff dont know what it is made of.
gotta work some character in it.
if this cap had a leather sweatband it would be killer.
not a fiftys & up cut.... straight up old school
depression era cut

Now that you have tried it on, would you buy more of these caps and recommend them to everyone as a close replica of the vintage 30s caps?

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Now that you have tried it on, would you buy more of these caps and recommend them to everyone as a close replica of the vintage 30s caps?
Johnny J
well yes...
for a repop yes, but you cant compare this to mr freedom but at less than half there price there great for me. I have a horsehide mr freedom cap & it is a killer cap ! its a diffrent style 6 panel. but back to this cap. i want to see what the twill looks like because i would have 2 examples to check for constincacy, the mailman passed no 2nd hat yet.
i think rlk ordered a couple & i would have more respect of his take on these.
remember these have that depression look that current hat makers except mr freedom cant or dont know whats up.
so this is good thing for us..... im not a cap pro though i have a lot vintage & bespoke made for me & its a good cap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR