Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Cap Faction has arrived! Newsboys, flatcaps, vintage ball caps, winter headgear, all essentially non-fedora headwear should be posted here to swell the ranks of this latest strata of our Lounge. Since I'm kicking this off, here's a starter:

216972405_723178951_0_edited.jpg

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Great!

Hello fellow cap connoisseur's!

Not a brilliant pic I'm afraid... vintage 'Utican'

badcamberg201.jpg

And my modern one from 'Miller Hats'...

millercap.jpg

This 'instant collection' is a very recent ebay purchase....

G2SM3c4f65ea-f0ef-4819-8648-25d56ab99e6e-5678.jpg

They turned up yesterday. All look to be vintage, but there are issues with the peaks. Nothing that can't be fixed though :cool:
I'll post details and photos as soon as time permits...

rotten03

New in Town
Hey deanglen, who made the cap you've got on? It looks like what i'm looking for. Alot of the newsboy caps are too wide and floppy for my taste. Or the brim is too short. That one looks just right. I need one. :)

deanglen

Absolutely stunning caps, gentlemen! Mike1973 and Fleiger thank you for your postings: Don't you just love that look? And rotten03, you're going to love this, my cap is from Burlington Coat Factory. I used a gift card to buy it, and they went for about $9 at a half off sale. I love them, and yes, as you noticed the proportions and look are just what I wanted, short of a more expensive purchase.

dean

Baron Kurtz said:
Brown Herringbone floppy cap by "Pendleton", probably 1960s

AllHats22.jpg

Tweed cap by "Schaeffer", 1930s

AllHats23.jpg

A beret - not vintage

Allhats24.jpg

"Tailored Cap: Headwear of Distinction - Adjustable" 1930s

AllHats25.jpg

bk

I have a newer (to me, it's actually 1930s) British one but i fink i have no pictures yet. And me hair's about 6 inches longer now. No ducks arse no more.

bk

deanglen

Baron and feraud, veteran Loungers with terrific caps in vintage stylin'. Thanks for your posts! Looking forward to your picture wearing your cap when it arrives, Nigel.

dean

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Howdy,

Thought I'd file an application for membership in the Cap Faction.

This one might be my favorite, a Doria made by Borsalino. Charcoal-grey wool/cashmere blend. Bought five or ten years ago at Bernie Utz Hats in downtown Seattle.

BorsalinoCap.jpg

Even the liner is pleasing: Soft to the touch, of a golden-brown color with just a hint of olive-green.

BorsaCapLabel.jpg

Baron Kurtz, I'm of the opinion that we beret-wearers should hive off into our own grouping. Berets are in a category all their own. When I get a chance to take some snaps of berets around here, I may well kick off a new thread in their honor.

Cheers,
Mark

Pat_H

A-List Customer
deanglen said:
Nice caps, Rene! Centered seam in the bottom one, you know I like! Both are terrific!:eusa_clap

dean

You know, before having a B!Wear hap shaped the other way, I would have agreed. And I still like them like that. But all in all, I think I like the other pattern in the first photo better.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
If I had a photo to submit, I'd submit one. I wear a cap most days, in my town job. I prefer the way a Fedora or Open Road looks, and functions, but the cap is what I normally wear in town (but in the sticks, I always wear a brimmed cap).

My son just appropriated my Hanna hats cap, so I'll probably never see that one again.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Submitted for your approval:

HorseHide1.jpg

Not a great photo, but the best one I have at the moment.

Hannahs of Donegal brown herringbone. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko