Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Derby Closing?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I posted this in events, but apparently the Derby in Los Feliz is closing. Below is a message from Jonathan Stout....

Calendar Event: January 25, 2009
During tonight's show at the Derby, we were told that the Derby, the nightclub, would cease operations as of 1/31/09. We can't say for sure what will happen to the building or any future ventures - however, we can say for sure that the Derby as we know it will be no more.

The last remaining manager at the Derby wanted to send the club off with a bang instead of a whimper, and asked me to play next sunday to have a proper final swing night at the Derby. The Derby is one of the central reasons swing dancing made a resurgence, and we're all here dancing the dance we love.

I hope you'll all join us as we bid farewell to the club that is responsible for so much of what has become the modern Lindy Hop world.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 25th
JONATHAN STOUT and his CAMPUS FIVE
at the DERBY
for the FINAL SWING SHOW EVER

I'm planning to record the show, because I suspect it will be a night to remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot