The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Discussion in 'Hats' started by jamespowers, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunnyb.gal

bunnyb.gal Practically Family

Oh my lord - I almost died watching this! Only a few hours ago we were taking the p**s out of these kind of people, and joking about taking out our greyhound all kitted up "street" - big gold chain with a big gold dollar sign on it, a turned around baseball cap, a pair of Doggles and...pants hangin' under his tail. And lo and behold this video. Oh it hurt! lol

2. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

We refer to that around here as having no filter.

3. Edward

Edward Bartender

4. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

The taking of pictures from the Lounge and blatantly ripping on them is absurd. (I was rather impressed that they found a pic of Indycop that wasn't good, but even then, it wasn't bad like they were saying)

5. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

6. Neophyte

Neophyte My Mail is Forwarded Here

lol

7. Mav

Mav A-List Customer

It has little to do with style, and much to do with your overall bearing. I have little to contribute to this thread, because I tend to not catch sh*t from strangers. Carry yourself as if you don't care, and as if you're willing to cut a throat if you deem it necessary. And deem it necessary, if necessary. Convincing yourself that you're a bada$$ is the first move in convincing others that you're a bada$$.
    So endeth the lesson in self- esteem 101. Go forth, and be merciless.

8. Neophyte

Mav's right. You must have confidence in your own appearance. I don't personally, but I've developed the aforementioned glare that just screams "don't give me any sh*t."

It's very helpful, although it sometimes sends the wrong message to my friends and family.

Remember, if anyone ever come up to you and gives you any flak, just return to sender with something akin to this:

"Maybe I'll listen to you after you take that cork out of your ***." They might not get the...ahem...subtle implication, but they'll get the idea.

9. Mav

Mav A-List Customer

Or just launch a pint jar into their teeth, and smack a barstool into their kidneys. Abrupt and sudden violence is an effective way to deal with these....gentlemen.
    The trick is in knowing, or believing, that you can still do it. It radiates.
    The workings of the universe are largely a mental endeavor, and others reactions are based in your own insecuritiea. Take no sh*t and you will get no sh*t.

10. Nikx

Nikx New in Town

Ahh the something awful forums. A good place to go if you want to laugh at imbeciles arguing with each other.

11. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Effective, yes, but I prefer the calmer 'Im a happy, self-confident human being and couldnt care less about what stupid remark is gonna come out of your face' aura.

12. funneman

funneman Practically Family

It's all about the 'tude

I love to pick up my kids at soccer/softball practice.

I walk in dressed to the nines and people look at me like I'm there to mow somebody down.

I get lots of nervous stares. ;)

13. Neophyte

lol What do your kids say about it? Do their friends ask them if their dad is a "ganster" or the "mafia" ?

14. Mav

Mav A-List Customer

Always the favored approach, and it works about 99.9% of the time- that last .1% of hardcore stupid/ ill- mannered is, fortunately, a rarity.

15. ccajackson

ccajackson Familiar Face

Reminds me of my old roommate's comment:

"Family" makes you interact closely with people you probably, otherwise, wouldn't seek out as friends.

Interestingly, for him it was also a brother.;)

16. Neophyte

lol

17. funneman

funneman Practically Family

My kids seem to like it just fine. They each have fedoras of their own.
    Coversation heard in the back seat between my daugheter and her friend:

Friend (whispers): Why does your dad always wear hats?
    Daughter: Because it's cool!

Plus, they can always pick me out from across the field!

18. Caity Lynn

Caity Lynn Practically Family

When I was a kid (ok, until I was 14 and he grew it into a beard) my dad had a Handle Bar mustache. It made him easy to identify. No one to my knowledge has ever dared to cross him, he liked the mustache, he rocked it, and it just -was- him. The same with anything he wears. From desert boots to cowboy hats with both brims flipped down. If -you- think you look good, and keep the confidence up, no one will cross you.

(^ about your kids identifying you across the field, my dad always just whistled and we'd know to turn and find him lol Funny thing is, if I'm in a crowd and hear what sounds like his whistle, I don't even think, I still turn immediately. :rolleyes: )

19. Neophyte

lol
    That's great!

20. lol lol lol lol You hit that nail on the head. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.