Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioHead

Familiar Face
Y. I. Otta...

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]I'm a little disturbed by the idea of blowing smoke in people's faces. Might not some people interpret that as boorishness rather than a mocking response?[/QUOTE]

I no longer smoke. As a matter of fact it's 21 years (and 2 months) since I smoked. That was hardly the point! The only point I was trying (apparently vainly) to make was that if somebody assumed I was with the mafia, I would not easily disabuse them of the idea! You think I'm mafia? Whaddya think now, goomba? It is a way of implying a mafia connection without actually saying YES!, I AM mafia. Perhaps the person asking will be somewhat more circumspect about commenting about the clothing of a complete stranger.

"RadioHead"

RadioHead said:
I no longer smoke. As a matter of fact it's 21 years (and 2 months) since I smoked. That was hardly the point! The only point I was trying (apparently vainly) to make was that if somebody assumed I was with the mafia, I would not easily disabuse them of the idea! You think I'm mafia? Whaddya think now, goomba? It is a way of implying a mafia connection without actually saying YES!, I AM mafia. Perhaps the person asking will be somewhat more circumspect about commenting about the clothing of a complete stranger.

"RadioHead"

Going further in Wingnut's vein from the Uniform aspect, you would just be giving the mafia a bad name---not vintage---if you blow smoke in the guy's face. :p

Regards,

J

RadioHead

Familiar Face
Que?

jamespowers said:
Going further in Wingnut's vein from the Uniform aspect, you would just be giving the mafia a bad name---not vintage---if you blow smoke in the guy's face. :p

Regards,

J

Gosh! Far be it from ME to give the mafia a "bad name". Why, they're a bunch of swell fellas... or would be, if the mafia existed. Which of course it doesn't!

In any case, it's just a hypothetical situation from my end. In all honesty I would never blow smoke in somebody's face. Might flick the ash though... :p

"RadioHead"

RadioHead said:
Gosh! Far be it from ME to give the mafia a "bad name". Why, they're a bunch of swell fellas... or would be, if the mafia existed. Which of course it doesn't!

In any case, it's just a hypothetical situation from my end. In all honesty I would never blow smoke in somebody's face. Might flick the ash though... :p

"RadioHead"

lol lol lol lol lol

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I wanted to share this

The other day I was leaving work wearing my dark heavy overcoat over my suit with a dark grey crushable fedora. I got a few nice compliments. One lady complimented the outfit and then mentioned I should have a staff with a gargoyle on it.[huh] I asked why but she had no idea what she meant.:eusa_doh: I was actually curious how her mind made that link.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Story

I'll Lock Up
The Wolf said:
The other day I was leaving work wearing my dark heavy overcoat over my suit with a dark grey crushable fedora.

Subconciously processing you as "Gandalf the Grey"? [huh]

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I actually got a good one today!

we had a substitute teacher in Math today.
as he was taking roll- he said to me "nice lid"
not what i've come to expect.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
another good one

i stopped by the local jack in the box where one of my customer works...she leaned out of the window and told me "nice hat, i really like it"....

she is in here 20's, too !!!

mark the shoeshine boy

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
The day before yesterday, a man with his about 10-year ol daughter stood on the sidewalk. When I passed by, he started with a very sarcastic tone: "Oh,…"
However, unfortunately, the quip he hoped for didn't occur to him somehow, so he stared at me for some seconds and repeated, with only slightly less sarcasm, "Oh…."

Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
The day before yesterday, a man with his about 10-year ol daughter stood on the sidewalk. When I passed by, he started with a very sarcastic tone: "Oh,…"
However, unfortunately, the quip he hoped for didn't occur to him somehow, so he stared at me for some seconds and repeated, with only slightly less sarcasm, "Oh…."

I would have said: "Oh, you lost your memory? Would you like me to call a police office---or a sanitarium?" :p

Regards,

J

Doh!

One Too Many
Good to see that he's teaching the next generation bad manners ("See, honey? If you see a total stranger you find 'weird' or 'different,' feel free to go up to them and make a rude comment. That way, you'll feel better about yourself.")

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh my, that is so true... making one's self look good by putting some one down... some people do look for those who are different from the rest of the sheep.:rolleyes:

Next time some one says a wise crack to me, I'm walking up to them and looking them dead in the eye and just breath in their face and say in classic Hollywood fashion: Oh yeah?

=WR=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR