Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
^that, where I live wouldn't be to far a stretch of the imagination. I'm pretty sure It's been done, polecat's are readily available...but then again, I know someone who makes Chipmunk Jerky so...[huh] :rolleyes:

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Do huh?

I attended a going-away gathering for a friend Thursday night. I wore a Scala Bogart style, which I took off when I entered the bar. This friend of mine showed up wearing a brown, leather Kangol. Okay, fine. It's his head. He and I left at the same time with another friend. I put my hat on when we got outside and told them both to be careful on the way home. My friend wearing the Kangol said, "You, too, Indy."

Of course, I thought, "You're weaing a f***ing Kangol. Surely you aren't trying to make a crack about my hat."

I laughed and left.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Not hat related, but really, really dumb.

I was walking down the street earlier and off ahead of me there was a boy sitting on a bench with a yellow Labrador. As I approached him I asked him if I could touch the dog, what's his name, etc. etc, and subconsciously seeing two women approaching from my left. As I got up to leave the women walk right past me and I hear one of them babbling, "Oh my GAWWDD. It's Marley and Me!!! Look, it's the dog from Marley and Me! Wow! I can't beleive it!!! Hi Marley and Me!!!"

At that point I remember telling myself something rather unmentionable, but to the extent of "wow, that person is dumb."

I find it amazing the way really stupid people have to use external reference, such as Hollywood, to comprehend even the most simple real-world objects.

In any case I felt sorry for the poor dog. Indy's nothing compared to that.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Jerekson said:
I was walking down the street earlier and off ahead of me there was a boy sitting on a bench with a yellow Labrador. As I approached him I asked him if I could touch the dog, what's his name, etc. etc, and subconsciously seeing two women approaching from my left. As I got up to leave the women walk right past me and I hear one of them babbling, "Oh my GAWWDD. It's Marley and Me!!! Look, it's the dog from Marley and Me! Wow! I can't beleive it!!! Hi Marley and Me!!!"

lol lol

I'm glad no one was in the room to hear me laughing when I read that! I've met some people who would/did stuff like that...I can picture the scene all too perfectly. lol

The poor kid!

abduktedtemplar

New in Town
on sunday i stepped into the smoking cage at work and somebody said "it's Corey Appaloosa" i didn't have any clue what he was talkin bout but it wasn't mean spirited so i laughed it off. found out today its a movie so i went to see it at the dollar theatre and come to see its a western. gotta point out if its said again that he's got the wrong type of hat lol.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I was on Lenox Ave today in my Knox Whippet clone and new London Fog trench coat, and I got the old "Inspector Gadget!" line. I turned and shouted back, "No, Dick Tracy!" The whole exchange was done in such a smiling friendly manner I couldn't dream of taking offense. :)

HatFan

New in Town
At work today, I wore some brown levi's, a button down white shirt with blue pinstripes, a brownish tweed jacket and my brown Stetson Chatham.

As I was walking out the door to go home, one of the girls said:

'When you wear that, you look like the Marlboro man' :eusa_doh: [huh]

funneman

Practically Family
I walked by my bosses office door yesterday in my brown Penny's Marathon,
American Outfitter's vest, and cords with a trench coat.

My boss says "Hey, it's Columbo." [huh]

The other day I was wearing a grey suit with brown pin stripes and a dark brown Adam Executive. He says "You look like a Rabbi."

I think I need a new boss.

funneman said:
I walked by my bosses office door yesterday in my brown Penny's Marathon,
American Outfitter's vest, and cords with a trench coat.

My boss says "Hey, it's Columbo." [huh]

The other day I was wearing a grey suit with brown pin stripes and a dark brown Adam Executive. He says "You look like a Rabbi."

I think I need a new boss.

Coming round to the initial post again. Columbo is the dumbest comment I ever heard because Columbo is not know for hats---he is know for the trenchcoat yes. Once or twice he wore a hat in the series--that was it. :eusa_doh: I could understand Bogart as his hat was part of his character. :D
Was your trenchcoat a rumpled single breasted type that looked like you slept in it? ;) :p I doubt it was so the comparison is still wrong. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou