Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

rumblefish

One Too Many
Alrighty James, I'm out of a few things so an order is going in for the Hendricks amongst other things. What do you recommend beside the Gin & Q tonic and martinis? What would make best use of it's unique character?

rumblefish said:
Alrighty James, I'm out of a few things so an order is going in for the Hendricks amongst other things. What do you recommend beside the Gin & Q tonic and martinis? What would make best use of it's unique character?

Geez, the computer just crashed and lost a decent post with a bunch of recipes. I'll try again:
The Gin Buck:
1 ounces Gin
1 tablespoon Lemon
6 ounces Ginger Ale

I use a lot more gin but this is the official recipe. ;) :p

The Ginhattan:
4 whole Mint Leaf
1/4 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Orange Juice
1 ounces Gin

The Rolls Royce:
1 ounces Gin
1/2 ounce Sweet Vermouth
1/2 ounce Dry Vermouth
1 teaspoon Benedictine

I know you said to forget the martinis but here is one you don't see often:
Opal Martini
3 ounces Gin
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 ounce Orange Juice
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
Shake with cracked ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

The previously mentioned gimlet and aviation are also good suggestions. After you try all of those, I'll suggest a few more. ;) :p

randooch

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:

Hendricks does well with a slice or two of organic cucumber. I always freeze up a glass first, and chill the Hendricks, so as to skip the adulterating ice.

rumblefish

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
Sazeracs.
Kicked the Old Overholdt, moving towards the Rittenhouse.
It was a long drive home.

Geez, that sounds irresponsible!

First the long drive home (in the snow) then the Sazeracs.

Tonight: Salty Coyotes.

rumblefish said:
Sazeracs.
Kicked the Old Overholdt, moving towards the Rittenhouse.
It was a long drive home.

lol lol lol lol
Well, last night I got out the blender and made up some Tom and Jerry Batter. I think I mentioned how I do this before. Its a nice cold weather drink that doesn't take forever to make from scratch like the Eggnog.:rolleyes:
Oh, just in case:
one egg for each serving--more or less.
Separate the white from the yolk. Beat the whites until stiff. Beat the yolks until they are thin and light. Fold the whites into the yolks. I add about 6 tablespoons of brown sugar for 4-6 eggs. It makes it thicker. Add

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails