Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Rumblefish, you are not the only one. A few years back I picked up the habit of popcorn and champange when I watch movies. Warm last night, I took my tall glass of Arizona Ice Tea and added some Cointreau and Appletons Rum.
I have no reason why I tried this but I was glad I did.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
last night a Sazerac with just Angostura Bitters. I have to get some Peychaud's Bitters, I don't think the Angostura alone did the drink any justice.

Tonight it's off to a big pool party. I'm bringing the pulled pork and the mint for the Mojitos. I recently discovered drinking these with a straw is preferred to sipping off the top.

Sounds good to me Chris.

I've only ever had American pulled pork once and it was mighty good!

Hope the party is a good one.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Rumblefish, By all means get a bottle of Peychauds bitters, you'll definitely know the difference, the flavor profile isn't the same without Peychauds.

I was in Sazerac heaven last week in NOLA, alternating between a Sazerac and a Ramos Gin Fizz at will.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I am all out of fun things to drink, so I am forced to have a favorite drink from my teens : :Malibu & Coke lol I got stripey straws and everything. Hmm need something more stylish in my bar me thinks.

EDIT : far too for my taste.. made a white russian instead

The Gimlet is a refreshing summer drink. I prefer it with gin too - tried Vodka but it didn't taste quite right.

Darhling, I envy you since I have no stripey straws, but methinks my liquor cabinet is in better state of inventory than yours - hope yours gets refilled soon.

Last night I had a wonderful "Mint Julep Old fashioned" consisting of Bookers, mint, muddled orange, orange bitters and a bit of cherry floating around. I may have to have an encore tonight.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Looking for Peychauds

Oh come on!
First the Old Raj Gin now the Peychauds:mad: .
I found the Old Raj at Drinkupny.com:eusa_clap :), but no has Peychauds Bitters around me and those who have to ship want $10.00 for it's safe arrival. The search goes on. Any Long Islanders know where to go? Any "out-of-towners" know who will ship with out needing me to cash in a bond?

rumblefish

One Too Many
^ Thanks again sir,
I found the Peychauds at Keg Works they had the 10 oz.- fair shipping price....waiting.
I did look over Lenell's list of bitters. I love bitters; Frenet Branca, Cynar and Campari, but my favorite is Underberg. I wish it came in bigger bottles.

rumblefish said:
^ Thanks again sir,
I found the Peychauds at Keg Works they had the 10 oz.- fair shipping price....waiting.
I did look over Lenell's list of bitters. I love bitters; Frenet Branca, Cynar and Campari, but my favorite is Underberg. I wish it came in bigger bottles.

Cynar?! :eek: You're kidding right? :rolleyes:
DSC_20050330-01623.jpg

Artichoke aperitif!? :eusa_doh: :p

rumblefish

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Confidentially, I thought of buying it a few times but decided to try it first before committing to a bottle. Thank God I did. :eek: :eusa_doh: :rolleyes:
Maybe scongili but not that. :D
Scungili!?!? It's nothing more than a big escargot, Pretty frightening when you take out of the shell tho.:eek: :D
Well then, I'll tell Mrs. M that her scungili alla carciofi :essen: is off the menu when James comes for dinner. [bad] lol

rumblefish said:
Scungili!?!? It's nothing more than a big escargot, Pretty frightening when you take out of the shell tho.:eek: :D
Well then, I'll tell Mrs. M that her scungili alla carciofi :essen: is off the menu when James comes for dinner. [bad] lol

No! Wait! I'll eat the Scungili. I was just using it as an example.
What I won't eat is snake, skunk, weasel and squirrel. :p
Does ita look like this?:
scungilli-360.jpg

:essen:

rumblefish

One Too Many
I just had a Gin and tonic using Q Tonic.
http://qtonic.com/
It has half the sugar of the standards; Schweppes, Canada Dry, Seagram's,,,and half the taste, but it was a good thing. I mixed a little less than half Gordon's Gin to the tonic as I usually do, but used only a sliver (1/32) of a lime. This Q Tonic hardly affects the botanicals. A must try, if for nothing else, it's much less sweet.

rumblefish said:
I just had a Gin and tonic using Q Tonic.
http://qtonic.com/
It has half the sugar of the standards; Schweppes, Canada Dry, Seagram's,,,and half the taste, but it was a good thing. I mixed a little less than half Gordon's Gin to the tonic as I usually do, but used only a sliver (1/32) of a lime. This Q Tonic hardly affects the botanicals. A must try, if for nothing else, it's much less sweet.

Try it with Hendricks Gin:
item_1.jpg

Probably the most unusual gin I have ever tasted. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner