Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge 4.0

Yep There was the big change when I got on this morning. Now I see what HeavenlyHadley was talking about. Guess it was delayed for some of us.

I immediately turned the light bulb off. I'm still looking for stuff and how to find it now. Sometimes it seems like improvements(?) take the easy simple away just to make a change. I know that I will get used to it and settle in...and then WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAN it'll be change time again.

I got an idea!!..lets change bartenders every time we make a major change ( not the Head Bartenders mind you )...but just the others who sometimes make the drinks a little too weak.;):p Then we can change them back next time.

Please Feraud and Edward, I am just kidding...Kind of :D

HD

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I got an idea!!..lets change bartenders every time we make a major change ( not the Head Bartenders mind you )...but just the others who sometimes make the drinks a little too weak.;):p Then we can change them back next time.

Please Feraud and Edward, I am just kidding...Kind of :D

HD

You can change all the bartenders you want....drink until you drop.... except LizzieMaine stays.
Otherwise you will have Polo come at you all with nails scratching ! :mad:

Last edited:

DanO

One of the Regulars
What a surprise this morning when I logged on. Gone is the unique lounge 'vintage' style & on with the habitual forum interface as on most other forums.
I can't see the option of style choice anywhere so either we adapt or see if the grass is greener elsewhere.
I'm presuming there are more changes in the offing so I'll hold back & see what occurs. As is, me no likey.:p

Edit: Found the light bulb thingy, it's better but I feel as though the management has thrown out the old comfortable leather club chairs & replaced them with brand new faux leather IKEA stuff.. You can't stop progress I guess & we just have to put up with internet sites changing their formats from time to time. Don't listen to me anyone I'm just a grumpy old fart finding it increasingly difficult accepting change for change's sake. The young whippersnappers on their whizz phones should be happy though.:D

My .02, I'm with you change for change's sake is seldom a good thing. The old version had as said a film noir taste, I will adapt as all must, 'you will be assimilated; resistance is futile'.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Doesn't seem like there's too much changed. I would like to change back to the old black/darker page. This new one is very bright. Maybe that is as simple as changing my own style preference?

Edward

Bartender
Doesn't seem like there's too much changed. I would like to change back to the old black/darker page. This new one is very bright. Maybe that is as simple as changing my own style preference?

Look for the lightbulb icon on the top right of the page, just beside the alerts symbol (the bell). Click on the lightbulb, and you'll have the option of going to the dark version.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I could do without the sidebar -- it'd be nice if it was something you could click on to access or eliminate as desired, especially since the "reccomended thread" box comes up violently white, even in dark format. Or maybe that's just on my obsolete computer running an obsolete browser on an obsolete OS. If so, I'll learn to live with it. If anything it does seem to be a little less less sluggish on my machine than the old version was.

I am kind of surprised to hear that the majority of users are now accessing the site on mobile devices. Those things will fry your eyes.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I could do without the sidebar -- it'd be nice if it was something you could click on to access or eliminate as desired, especially since the "reccomended thread" box comes up violently white, even in dark format. Or maybe that's just on my obsolete computer running an obsolete browser on an obsolete OS. If so, I'll learn to live with it. If anything it does seem to be a little less less sluggish on my machine than the old version was.

I am kind of surprised to hear that the majority of users are now accessing the site on mobile devices. Those things will fry your eyes.

There's an option on mobile devices in which you can dim as you like to avoid fried eyeballs.

I use it mostly in the mornings when I get an important message.

Other than that, I'm not much for long talks on the phone whether it's landline or cell phones.

Last edited:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

I think I can fix the violently white recommended thread box on dark mode.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
By dimming the luminosty on my laptop to minimum, the new format is far less aggressive..............can't see a friggin' thing but at least I don't feel like I'm being interrogated by the Stasi. :D

I guess the light bulb is the only way to change the 'style.' Well, it works for me!
If you place your cursor over the image of your avatar in the upper right corner of the page (right below the "New Posts" and "Classifieds" buttons) you should get a drop down list. Click on "Preferences" and at the top of the window that opens you'll see "Style" which allows you to permanently select the "light" or "dark" version, then scroll to the bottom and click on "Save Changes". You'll still see the "light" version until you log in, but once you're logged in you should see the "dark" format (assuming that's your preference) without having to click on the little light bulb icon every time.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
If you place your cursor over the image of your avatar in the upper right corner of the page (right below the "New Posts" and "Classifieds" buttons) you should get a drop down list. Click on "Preferences" and at the top of the window that opens you'll see "Style" which allows you to permanently select the "light" or "dark" version, then scroll to the bottom and click on "Save Changes". You'll still see the "light" version until you log in, but once you're logged in you should see the "dark" format (assuming that's your preference) without having to click on the little light bulb icon every time.

I didn't do all that, and the dark version comes up every time. Then again, I never log out! haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112