Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Pin

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Just before it drowns in another thread, I' ll ask the qustion here.
There was some talk about a FEDORA PIN once. How is the project comming along? Personally I would welcome such an item. It would make a nice conversation starter. And nice to have, if you were supposed to meet some fellowloungers - without fedoras, that is.:)

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
It would be nice.

It would be cool if it was just a Fedora- maybe without the logo(?)-
not too obvious- a little mysterious but exclusive to the FL.

I'd be inclined to suggest the logo at the top of the page: a round pin with the hat-wearing guy.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
I think that would be great!! Imagine seeing someone in a crowd with the exact pin as you! A secret society!! Would the ladies have the same design?

Feraud

Bartender
I recall this discussion too. My preference is an understated brass pin in the shape of a hat.
Or perhaps an art deco looking "FL"? This might better appeal to the ladies.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I'm Interested

Would they be available at the Classic Style shop? Or would they be a "members only" item available exclusively through the Lounge?

waingirl said:
I think that would be great!! Imagine seeing someone in a crowd with the exact pin as you!QUOTE]

I agree, that would be cool!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'd definitely get one (although I'm only a relative noob around here).

BT's idea of the hat without any identifying lettering is a goodie. But I wouldn't say no to Feraud's idea of a deco flavoured "FL".

Great idea.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Although the man in the hat is a great idea, if it were to be understate i think that a little fedora or FL would be great. Kind of like Bill Cosby's SD for Sammy Davis Jr. pin he wore on every show after his death. It would be fun to spot a fedora in the crowd (which always impresses me in this day and age) and then be able to share a knowing smile & nod when I see that they are also wearing a FL pin. Kind of like an inside joke. Although I believe it there were such a thing it would be fun if it were "members only" type thing.

thetankw/ahat

Familiar Face
i think a simple brass hat with FL on the side of it would look good. that way it would be distinguishable from other pins such as the pins the red hat ladies wear. the only problem withmaking the pin something only FLmembers can buy is trying to figure out who are members or not

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BegintheBeguine said:
I'd want the pin to look just like the logo of the man with the fedora.

I'm with you on that, BegintheBeguine. What's the point of having a logo if you don't use it, or dilute its impact using other designs? And it would work great, as others have mentioned, for cufflinks and other items.

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
Mike in Seattle said:
I'm with you on that, BegintheBeguine. What's the point of having a logo if you don't use it, or dilute it using other designs? And it would work great, as others have mentioned, for cufflinks and other items.

The guy in the hat has got style! I say, use that.

Don't know whether or how to incorporate the phrase "The Fedora Lounge" in that nifty art deco font...

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
If possible with whatever design is chosen, I think enameled pins are more durable than the coated ones...depends on the design, though, as to whether it would work.

I posted some links in the previous thread to some companies that will make them...you just send them an image (jpeg, tiff, whatever) and they turn it into a pin of your selected type (enamel, etc.). And it's dirt cheap, something like $2.50/pin for a minimum order (100 or 200, I forget which).

Our PIO orders up pins by the jillions for all sorts of "events", to be given out to all employees and the public...my desk drawer at work is filled with pins :) It's a snap to have them made, just takes someone willing to pony up the cashola.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24