Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Few Model ANJ-3A

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Picked this up on ebay from a real good seller. Absolutely fantastic looking jacket. It is horsehide not goatskin. Enjoy.
fedf_3.jpg

010b_3.jpg

10c6_3.jpg

0aac_3.jpg

157c_3.jpg

129a_3.jpg

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
ohYahhhhhh???!

surrre, anyone can pick up an incredible korean war flight jacket on ebay...one as good as the $1000 replicators make, but real, not replicated...a priceLess piece of history...

but how much didya pay for that, huh? how much? huh? huh? huh?

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
johnnyjohnny said:
surrre, anyone can pick up an incredible korean war flight jacket on ebay...one as good as the $1000 replicators make, but real, not replicated...a priceLess piece of history...

but how much didya pay for that, huh? how much? huh? huh? huh?

JJ, couldn't agree with you more....But...It's still an AWESOME JACKET!:D

Great score!

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Got a great deal on it. Sold my original ANJ-3A which was in excellent, darn I say, almost mint condition as it just didn't fit right (too long). Measurements on this jacket and having bought a RMNZ A-2 from this gent before (and it fit perfectly) indicate this will be the perfect fit. Price was much less than half of what this thing cost originally which was 168,000 yen according to The Few catalog.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Steve,
Great shot to compare with "The Few" jacket. They sure did a great job on copying the details to include the color on the fur collar. I have always liked that Monarch jacket either the ANJ-3A or the 55J14. It will be interesting to see the horsehide version of this went compared to goatskin on the original. Wondered why they did HH vice goatskin??

The Few Company

New Co? Japenese,boy they love love the American leather don`t they,also in the early eighties they were buying up American guitars,I sold a Martin D45 sunburst to a Japenese business man,for 5500.00.They are they great copy cats!

John Lever

One Too Many
bburtner@moran said:
New Co? Japenese,boy they love love the American leather don`t they,also in the early eighties they were buying up American guitars,I sold a Martin D45 sunburst to a Japenese business man,for 5500.00.They are they great copy cats!
These are made in New Zealand, by the same company as Real McCoys.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
bbb, they've done the same for 50s-60s jazz lp's and Selmer saxes. They're not connaisseurs, exactly, just super detail obsessives, and they're willing, even proud, to overpay. So what goes over there a) is rare and quality and b) stays over there, priced way past the world market.

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
greyhound68 said:
Steve,
Great shot to compare with "The Few" jacket. They sure did a great job on copying the details to include the color on the fur collar. I have always liked that Monarch jacket either the ANJ-3A or the 55J14. It will be interesting to see the horsehide version of this went compared to goatskin on the original. Wondered why they did HH vice goatskin??

Just sold it last night to a friend. Great jacket, if I were still into collecting navy jackets I would have kept it. I'm trying to wean myself down to 2 wearers and maybe an original to keep for posterity. Just can't justify keeping and buying so many.

Edward

Bartender
Fletch said:
bbb, they've done the same for 50s-60s jazz lp's and Selmer saxes. They're not connaisseurs, exactly, just super detail obsessives, and they're willing, even proud, to overpay. So what goes over there a) is rare and quality and b) stays over there, priced way past the world market.

If Rufus is around he could offer much more insight than I, as he lived over there for some years. In my limited knowledge, though, this is quite correct: in Japan, there is a real cachet attached to the price one pays - the more, the better - which is why so many great Japanese jackets are, to our Western eyes, silly money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails