Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Few

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely Obsessed!

__hr_DSC02198121.jpg

Their home-market is very healthy- it's difficult to find these jackets outside of Japan(except for RMCNZ). They are obsessed with the exotica, the exclusive and expensive of Americana and vintage and that market relies on repeat sales- which they have.

B
T

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I found some Few jackets in a store in Ueno (they are REALLY hard to find compared to Real McCoy's Japan and Buzz Rickson's). Boss stuff, almost splurged on a B-3 but my old lady was watching me too closely. Later I ended up with a Hercules repro made by Real McCoy's Japan.
EVERYBODY is on two wheels in Japan. Even old ladies on Honda scooters. There are a lot of Harleys (aways in perfect condition, no rat bikes). NOBODY locks their bicycles, scooters, or motorcycle either (even in Tokyo).
The Jap LVC stuff is dirt cheap compared to the astronomical prices it fetches in the States. I bought several used pairs of various Big E repros for roughly 12 bucks apiece. Also picked up a couple pairs of used McCoy's "Steve Mcqueen" Lee repros for peanuts. Oddly, the Levi's copies made by Full Count, Denime, Sugar Cane etc command big bucks even used.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
BellyTank said:
__hr_DSC02198121.jpg

Their home-market is very healthy- it's difficult to find these jackets outside of Japan(except for RMCNZ). They are obsessed with the exotica, the exclusive and expensive of Americana and vintage and that market relies on repeat sales- which they have.

B
T
Hey, those guys look great. I want to hang out with them!
MudInYerEye said:
I found some Few jackets in a store in Ueno

I'll be in arriving in Tokyo on Christmas day. Do you remember the name of that store? My wife is Japanese so finding an address is no problem if we have a name or phone number. Did you find the repro LVCs at the same place? I'm dying to get a few pairs (especially the late 30s models) but spending two hundred smackers for one pair is a bit of a stretch for me. Also my wife may be keeping a close look at what I'm doing also!;)

Bob, If you are a collector (of any type) then Japan is the holy land. They have elevated collecting to a fine art. I have been there 8 times so far and if I go 800 times I'm sure that I will not have visited every collectors shop in Tokyo. Toys, movie memoralbilia, records,clothing,military,etc. it's all there in abundance. Oh,yeah, apparently they have an ancient culture of art architecture...(sarcasm mode turned on.;) ).

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Hey Sefton,
The store with the most Few/Real McCoy's Japan stuff I found in Tokyo was called America-Ya! in Ueno and it was surrounded by hordes of stores carrying Buzz Rickson/Toyo stuff. It's only a few blocks from the Ueno subway station so you'll find it easy.
The store I found most of the used denim at was in Kyoto but the Harajuku area of Tokyo had lots of good buy/sell/trades stores (Chicago Thrift Shop has several large stores in that area but the best was called something like Kiji or Kinji and was a huuuuge downstairs store about two blocks from the Harajuku train).
Good Luck!

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
shamus said:
Does the store carry the B-2 Caps? I've been looking for awhile for one....

You know I didn't noitce any B-2 caps because I wasn't looking for one but I'd bet most of these Toyo/McCoy's realtors stores carried 'em. I have an Eastman Rough Wear B-2 cap and can't reccomend it enough.
I was looking for some Buzz Rickson A-10 gloves and they were sold out everywhere.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Anyone notice.....

the guy in the photo sitting up front with shades is wearing a repro of John Belushi's jacket from "1941". I can't imagine how that movie does in Japan.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
The Wolf said:
the guy in the photo sitting up front with shades is wearing a repro of John Belushi's jacket from "1941". I can't imagine how that movie does in Japan.

Sincerely,
The Wolf
Wolf, you've got an eagles eyes!;) I hadn't noticed that. You know "1941" as a movie has a lot of problems,yet....there are some truly funny moments. I like the bit in the begining when the Japanese submarine (off the California coast) is about to submerge...a Japanese sailor looks up to notice the naked woman clinging onto the conning tower (the Jaws joke scene) and he smiles and yells:"Hollywood!!"

MudInYerEye,
Actually my wife mentioned 'America ya' as a possible place so I guess I have to go there. Thanks for the tips!

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Sheesh...

I find it really ironic that the Nipponese are so enamored with the era, clothing, style, etc...that our Grandfathers wore/had while sending them to Kingdom Come. Here we are in the USA, driving Mitsubishis and riding Suzukis, while they're driving Hummers and riding Harley's. They also appear to be better dressed also...except for that weird punk schoolgirl with knee high stocking look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner