Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flat Head Deerskin Rider's Jacket - Keeper or Seller??

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Great fit, cant be improved on, style wise i dont like it honestly, particularly that collar and hand warmers.
Thanks for your feedback. I agree, the collar and hand warmers are unusal but I think especially the hand warmers might be very functional and after initial aversion I began liking the style of the hand warmers as it is different to what I have.

It fits you well, but if you don’t wear it...Sell it before it goes from like new to very good used condition. Just because a jacket fits is no reason to keep it. If you don’t grab it on a regular basis (for whatever the reason) then it is wasting space in the closet and tying up funds.
Go get what you really want!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I must admit from the photos here I slightly prefer the details on the Mullholand too.

I don't know how much it effects resale on trying to sell one of these jackets but, if its not too much, I'd certainly give the jacket a month or so's wear and see how I felt about it after.

I have 3 very good fitting jackets in the closet right now that I never wear. I think selling them would bring more happiness than keeping them. They are all great jackets, but for 1 reason or another, they don’t come out. Could be collar shape, front length, whatever... my point is that hoarding stuff (ahem- collecting) may or may not bring happiness. A worn and loved “next jacket” has greater potential. :)

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you don’t grab it on a regular basis (for whatever the reason) then it is wasting space in the closet and tying up funds.
Exactly! I have jackets that I purchased and for whatever reason I never wore them. If you’re not wearing it when it’s brand new to you you’re not gonna start wearing it later in my experience.
As others have said this appears to be a beautiful jacket that fits well, and the fact that it is deerskin I’m sure makes it even nicer.
A tough decision for sure but if you have been thinking about it this much and even went so far as to start a thread then I think you already know that the Mulholland is what you really “need”.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
As it fits like a glove and due to the mainly positive feedback and the hope that the collar shape at least changes when wearing it a couple of times I tend to keep it. I think I would regret it as it is such an easy wearing and comfy jacket (maybe the most comfy one I own as it is rather light weight compared to others I own). Moreover the high potential loss discourages me to offer it for sale. Moreover I cannot find a used / almost new FW Mulholland at the moment - including the import duty and freight I guess I would need to pay at least 1.3-1.5k€ for an almost new one which would be too much for me assuming that I won't get more than 1-1.2k€ for the new TFH jacket.

Colin G

One Too Many
The collar is a tad long for my personal taste (could just be the pictures) but I think it looks great and fits you very well. I bet the deer skin is really comfortable to wear and move in.

Like you, I am also after a Mulholland but in a size 40. If I come across a 38 I will let you know. I have a fella in Japan looking for a 40 for me.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Exactly! I have jackets that I purchased and for whatever reason I never wore them. If you’re not wearing it when it’s brand new to you you’re not gonna start wearing it later in my experience.
As others have said this appears to be a beautiful jacket that fits well, and the fact that it is deerskin I’m sure makes it even nicer.
A tough decision for sure but if you have been thinking about it this much and even went so far as to start a thread then I think you already know that the Mulholland is what you really “need”.
I partially agree with you as I also made the experience that I didn't wear a jacket, boots, etc. for a while after purchase
The collar is a tad long for my personal taste (could just be the pictures) but I think it looks great and fits you very well. I bet the deer skin is really comfortable to wear and move in.

Like you, I am also after a Mulholland but in a size 40. If I come across a 38 I will let you know. I have a fella in Japan looking for a 40 for me.
Thanks, Colin! If I see a size 40 I'll let you know, too for sure.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I partially agree with you as I also made the experience that I didn't wear a jacket, boots, etc. for a while after purchase and all of a sudden I liked it for whatever reason and wore it quite often but I must admit I also made the experience that I never wore an item and finally sold it....tough decision but I tend to keep and wear it

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
The thing is you're likely looking at recouping only 1/2 your investment. If you are even slightly on the fence I would keep it. The depreciation is staggering on leather jackets. The used (however gently) market is absolutely savage. Take it from me. ;)
Agreed :D

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
That jacket looks perfect. The fit is exactly right and I like the design a lot as well. As someone who has a Mulholland and loves it, I'm not sure how it would be better for you than this one. If you absolutely have to have the Mulholland I'm sure you would like it as it's a stellar jacket, but I can't see it being better on you than this one.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The thing is you're likely looking at recouping only 1/2 your investment. If you are even slightly on the fence I would keep it. The depreciation is staggering on leather jackets. The used (however gently) market is absolutely savage. Take it from me. ;)

A++

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails