Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The FUTURE that Never Arrived

Still waiting for these to show up in my future:

bohn46liner.jpg

bohn44rocket.jpg

bohn43gas.jpg

bohn44ship.jpg

Although I think I can pass on these two. They look a tad too Freudian, don't they?

vanad58space.jpg

Baggers

Practically Family
Veronica Parra said:

Not too Freudian to me, but it does look very similiar to the Mars Mission ship painted by Chesley Bonestell (with some input from Willy Ley, if I recall) back in the fifties. I believe it was used in a movie called The Conquest of Space, starring the actor who played trail boss Gil Favor in Rawhide.

Great stuff. It brings back fond memories from my long ago youth.

Cheers!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, this didn't miss it by much ...

Stssstack.jpg

Veronica Parra said:
Still waiting for these to show up in my future:

Although I think I can pass on these two. They look a tad too Freudian, don't they?

vanad58space.jpg

CharlieH.

One Too Many
When I was a kid I thought I'd see this sort of thing in the near future... now reality has given me a cold hard slap in the face and I've come to the conclusion that the actual future will be downright ugly. I blame it on plastics.

wahine

Practically Family
I was looking for some other thread were there has been talk of vintage sci-fi films, visions, steampunk and the like but I couldn't find it. So I revived this old thread to show you this:
[video=youtube;dVhZN6wxjSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVhZN6wxjSg[/video]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24