Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The hype about Langlitz is REAL.

ShocDoc79

New in Town
Dark brown cowhide Crescent arrived today and believe you me that everything you read about Langlitz customer service, jacket fit, workmanship and comfort is “UNDERRATED”.
I ordered my Crescent in medium weight cowhide in dark brown in a regular fit which allows for light layering. Love the leather and contrary to what I have read it is quite comfortable out of the gate and nowhere near as stiff as the FQHH Aero Horsehide Jacket I recently received. Build quality, fit and comfort easily exceeds what I experienced with Aero. Not to bash on Aero which makes a top notch jacket but Langlitz is IMHO several notches above. Fit is absolutely perfect which I attribute partially to being measured at the Langlitz Shop...insanely well made and comfortable.
On deck is their Flight Jacket and in the hole is a custom Langlitz trucker jacket I found on one of the Japanese sights. If you are considering Langlitz act on your intentions...you will not be disappointed. Thinking a slim fit may have been a better option. Your honest impressions are welcome and will be most appreciated..
I apologize in advance for the sideways photos, not sure how to correct the issue

Attachments

• LANGLITZ CRECENT1.jpg
    LANGLITZ CRECENT1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,353
  • HLmOPY0bQIWCr9v+8lVQcA.jpg
    HLmOPY0bQIWCr9v+8lVQcA.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 1,418
  • BhgMVxIWRmmPDN88F5PSKA.jpg
    BhgMVxIWRmmPDN88F5PSKA.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 1,284
  • sS2XOhkhSJeiA+d13Wcy0A.jpg
    sS2XOhkhSJeiA+d13Wcy0A.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 1,304

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Boy. What's really striking to me is the similarity in style between the Crescent and Vanson's V7 collaboration with Union Garage. I'm sure the Langlitz is a heavier leather, but the Vanson has integrated armor. Both are fantastic jackets for riding.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
it is pretty obvious from the creases around the underarm, that the jacket is build for ease of wearing and mobility first.

Dphillip

Familiar Face
Beautiful jacket congrats, I like that collar a lot! In one of the pictures the jacket looks a tad big on you but if your comfortable with it that’s all that matters.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Really, really nice. That's about what I would be looking at, in Black, if I can manage to get out there sometime to be measured up.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dark brown cowhide Crescent arrived today and believe you me that everything you read about Langlitz customer service, jacket fit, workmanship and comfort is “UNDERRATED”.
I ordered my Crescent in medium weight cowhide in dark brown in a regular fit which allows for light layering. Love the leather and contrary to what I have read it is quite comfortable out of the gate and nowhere near as stiff as the FQHH Aero Horsehide Jacket I recently received. Build quality, fit and comfort easily exceeds what I experienced with Aero. Not to bash on Aero which makes a top notch jacket but Langlitz is IMHO several notches above. Fit is absolutely perfect which I attribute partially to being measured at the Langlitz Shop...insanely well made and comfortable.
On deck is their Flight Jacket and in the hole is a custom Langlitz trucker jacket I found on one of the Japanese sights. If you are considering Langlitz act on your intentions...you will not be disappointed. Thinking a slim fit may have been a better option. Your honest impressions are welcome and will be most appreciated..
I apologize in advance for the sideways photos, not sure how to correct the issue
Congratulations! Great looking jacket. You are instantly spoiled when you wear a custom Langlitz. Made for your body ruins you for off the rack.
I have a medium cowhide in black and the hide is beautiful and begins developing grain reflective of your very own life story. The graining is very responsive to your life actions and work style, every crease and folds represents your victories and struggles. An imprint of life itself.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Ehh. I don't know... but I think this fit is good. It doesn't look too loose in the body, it's only the shoulders that are fairly broad.. if you go much tighter in the body, you'll gain nothing but the sausage look and uncomfortable fit.

Psant25

One Too Many
looks great. i think you shoulda kept it. i think you need to go with how it felt when you put it on. once broken in some of that will straighten itself out. mine did. for me a jacket that looks excellent in a picture is too damn tight on me in the shoulders and upper back. langlitz does a wider shoulder same for JL. once reason those are the only leathers in my closet right now. either way congrats and gotta give it to langlitz. not every maker does that.

The sleeves are the only thing that look too large to me. The rest of the fit looks good! I'd have langlitz just trim that sleeve diameter down a good 2-3". I think the shoulders will fall in line after that. Or get one of these, throw a couple 45's on it...and never put it down...
olympic-ezy.jpg

ShocDoc79

New in Town
Congratulations! Great looking jacket. You are instantly spoiled when you wear a custom Langlitz. Made for your body ruins you for off the rack.
I have a medium cowhide in black and the hide is beautiful and begins developing grain reflective of your very own life story. The graining is very responsive to your life actions and work style, every crease and folds represents your victories and struggles. An imprint of life itself.
The sleeves are the only thing that look too large to me. The rest of the fit looks good! I'd have langlitz just trim that sleeve diameter down a good 2-3". I think the shoulders will fall in line after that. Or get one of these, throw a couple 45's on it...and never put it down...
olympic-ezy.jpg

ShocDoc79

New in Town
Hilarious, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a pair of 36"...."Guns"!!! Thanks, good advice on the sleeves that I'ii pass along. Can't say enough about the superb quality of product Langlitz delivers. Looking forward to what arrives after the tune up and of course a million or so curls on my end...

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Ok....then I’m just going to throw out there that you said “build quality and fit easily exceed Aero” plus “fit is absolutely perfect” and yet it was custom sized and is on its way back. The tenor of the review changes a bit. Seems like you received a well made jacket that doesn’t fit. Just sayin.

ShocDoc79

New in Town
Ok....then I’m just going to throw out there that you said “build quality and fit easily exceed Aero” plus “fit is absolutely perfect” and yet it was custom sized and is on its way back. The tenor of the review changes a bit. Seems like you received a well made jacket that doesn’t fit. Just sayin.

You are correct, as the jacket settled in it did loosen up a bit and that led to me noticing more fit issues. Love Aero and will order several more (Maxwell, Type III and possibly a Plainsman) but still find the build quality of Langlitz superior. Like any jacket and especially the first from a different maker there is a learning curve on both sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo