Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Informant!

Steve

Practically Family
Caught this one Sunday afternoon. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought that Matt Damon was fantastic as Whitacre; barely recognizable through the mustache and extra weight, and he handled the comedy extremely well. The soundtrack was awesome too.

Anyone else enjoy it? Anyone disagree and ready to make the case that it's a trite and convoluted mess? ;)

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Bugsy said:
It's lucky it's a true story otherwise I would accuse the writers of overactive imaginations. ;) Unbelievable.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I agree. I got lost in so many of Whitacre's stories that I began to get dizzy. :p

Definitely one you'll need to watch a few times to see what details you've missed.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Loved it! It went in one direction then spun around on itself and went another way, and then doubled back again. Great acting. Loved seeing all of the comedians in non-comic roles (The Smothers Brothers!).

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I enjoyed it, but its a bit one note.
Interesting, kooky story. Reminded me a bit of th Cohen Bros, BurnAfterReading movie and a little bit of Fargo.
Except this had no sex or violence or sweeping cinematography.

Rent it, dont spend $12 for a theater ticket.

Oh, I like how so many of the roles were cast with comedians playing it straight. Added to the kooky feel. It was nice to see CandyClark for a few minutes too.

Scotus

One of the Regulars
I enjoyed this movie; thought it was very funny. I remember when this all happened but had forgotten the details of the "informant," so I thought it was a story with a good twist.

I didn't like the 1970s lettering they used for the movie title, credits, etc., as this movie happened in the 1990s. I also didn't think the music was "period" either. It had kind of a 70s feel to it, IMO.

Maguire

Practically Family
I liked this movie, when we were leaving the theater there were people complaining that the movie "sucked" but they were mostly teenagers and probably had no idea what was going on. It wasn't necessarily a "funny movie" in the slapstick sense, it was funny in the sense that what was happening seemed so absurd. I did get a 70s vibe, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR