Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Island of Misfit Stetsons - factory rejects

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
What? Do you mean to tell us that the binding is actually of the very same color as the felt?
To me it looks different from the hat body in all the photos you posted... [huh]

Mario, its different than the felt. Just not the violet that Jimmy was ready to boil his head over. The binding is green (I'd say hunter green) and the felt is a green/brown (mix hunter green with a couple of teaspoons of brown). I'll try to take a shot outside today to get better light on it.

B

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Alright. Even though the hat is still a beauty, it's actually a pity that the binding is not violet. I too thought it looked violet, which made me drool so heavily over that hat when I first laid eyes on it. You can't have it all, can you? ;)

Well, I would not have needed to boil my head down, instead I was looking into ways of enlarging my head to make it fit into this beautiful lid. :eek: :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
playboy_whippet_2.jpg

playboy_whippet_5.jpg

Hmmmm.... That'd fit my little head. :D

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Dang, that bound edge does 'appear' on screen to be lavender. It looks so cool infact that I saved a picture for a future creation by Art. Lavender bound edge could be a nifty starting point.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Beautiful De Luxe

I don't know sickem from come here about "seconds" but that light blue De Luxe is a terrific looking hat.

How did you find the second stamp ... before or after you bought it?:eusa_clap

Great find, great save!

buler

I'll Lock Up
Sam Craig said:
I don't know sickem from come here about "seconds" but that light blue De Luxe is a terrific looking hat.

How did you find the second stamp ... before or after you bought it?:eusa_clap

Great find, great save!

Hi Sam, I didn't know they were "seconds" until after I received them. Thats ok. Nothing really major wrong with any of them. After looking at the light blue one for a while I've decided its a second because of the dye job. It appears that the blue dye didn't color the felt evenly. Hard to describe, but its the only imperfection I can find.

B

Not an exact fit for this thread, but related... this was a wounded Stetson nursed back to health by Shudde Bros. in Houston, with it's telltale sweatband stamp.

rensh1.jpg

rensh6.jpg

rensh9.jpg

Justdog

Practically Family
3/8

Received 3 Stetsons today. They all seem to be from around the same date. 2 of them are marked as factory seconds/rejects. The 3rd hat has a Playboy sweatband and a Whippet liner...[huh] I've took pictures of 2 and then the batteries in my camera died. I'll add the 3rd tomorrow.

B

You can have all my 1/4 s for the 3/8 :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy