Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Nativity Story

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I ended up seeing this movie yesterday. I really love this movie. It's rare that they get these accurate anymore! I can't wait till the movie comes out in dvd....I plan on making this a new tradition of watching this on Christmas Eve with my girls.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I saw it. It is an Italian film. The acting is different than a big budget film and that is what makes it worth watching. No one actor is trying to hog the entire camera.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saw it and loved it

It's a very well done film. It brings to life the poverty and harshness of life at the time, and the arduous journeys made by Mary and Joseph and the Magi. They did a good job of portraying Herod, too, a nasty character in history if ever there was one. Highly recommended to all!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
According to critiques I've read, the entire film is as accurate in terms of period clothing, building design, props and general layout. The director, Catherine Hardwicke, is a former production designer who spent hundreds of hours researching the history with the film's production designer. The script was given to historians and theologians in order to make the film as authentic as possible visually and culturally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy