Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Is "shorpy" the name of a specific photographer or gallery? What constitutes "non-shorpy?" Is it anything before color photography?

Anyway, these are always great to see. Josh, your collection is FANTASTIC. I have saved several images onto my computer. Unbelievable stuff.
Shorpy is a vintage photography site that post's images from the Libary of Congress collection of images along with a few found images.
Back a while ago we where posting images that came from other sites other than Shorpy and someone didn't like that So this thread was born.
The Non Shorpy thread is for image found on the web that you find in your travels of the Inter tubes that you would like to share here.
Shorpy block's image linking so you have to download and Shorpy image and store it on you image hosting account. Non Shorpy images can be posted from what ever site that you find an image link that will post just the image to the thread.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found on-line. It's not a campaign hat, but it reminds me of one. No surprise, eh?

T2eC16ZE9s2fDPrhBQtsm5BmQ60_12_zps50325cdd.jpg

T2eC16VzEE9s3YHLBQtsmcyd2g60_3_zps9e381601.jpg

dean

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Those campaigners remind me of a bad@ss hat...
TinkerMAJGCCNov30toOct32.jpg

Don't let his intense expression fool you; Major Clarence Tinker, USAAC, was well beloved by his airmen. At the time of this photo, about 1931, he commanded the 20th Pursuit Group at Mather Field, California, and was busy with the creation of a "rest camp" where fliers could go to relax and restore their nerves. Tinker rose to major general early in WW2, losing his life in a B-24 crash over the Pacific in 1942.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ