Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OTHER Ways, Advertising and ephemera of the Golden Era from other than Stetson

In 1948 we are introduced to the New Men's Hat Sensation!! The CHAMP!! At $7.50 it is as good as a hat of $15!!!!!
NOTE the names......"Gaucho", "B-17", and the "Diplomat"....AND with your new hat you get a 1948 Champ Football Book!
M
View attachment 104002
I want a B-17. It looks kind of Stratoliner looking at first glance. Keeping with the Boeing theme, same airframe, less passengers.

Again not totally hat related......a 1943 Lucky Strikes ad.....I really like these ads.....and they seem to always feature some cool hats!
M
20180124_132118.jpg

1953 again......(December of 1952 actually, but then like now, this comes from the "January 1953" issue, which arrives in December).....this time it is Christmas and they reccomend "a Lee under your tree"!!!!!!!
And a bottle of whiskey does not hurt either.......
M
View attachment 105096 View attachment 105097

Nice. We've seen some Trinities and a couple of Smartlees around these parts. I have a bunch of those little gift boxes in different brands and motifs, but I've never come across the "Treasure Chest" version with the little drawers.

Now I want one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran