Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Passing Away of John Erickson, Fellow Lounger and Friend to Many.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
For those who have not heard via Facebook, John (aka JohnInCovina) passed away last night around midnight, from an apparent heart attack. John was an active member of the Fedora Lounge, and was responsible for much of the planning of past Queen Mary events. Many pleasant afternoons were spent by friends in his backyard, sitting under the avocado trees and playing with his beloved dog, Max. He had a passion for fountain pens, cigars, and hats, as well as a love for God and his local congregation. He will be sorely missed by many; he was a good man and a good friend. Requiescat in pace. IICorinthians 5:8.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers with John's family and friends. I never met John in person, but, as with so many folks round here, felt I knew him a little via his presence in these parts.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers with John's family and friends. I never met John in person, but, as with so many folks round here, felt I knew him a little via his presence in these parts.
I echo Edward's sentiment, condolences and prayers to John's family.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Oh, I am so saddened by this! I was so hoping to see him after tax season is over! He was just such a sweet man! I enjoyed his talks about music, ties, and pens. I joined him at the pen show and he helped me pick out some items. He was the most gracious, easygoing host. He had the best backyard barbecues. I will miss him so but I know in heaven and is at peace!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I am stunned at this news. He was a grand fellow, a good sport, and a pleasure to talk with. He will be missed around here. Prayers for his family.

DesertDan

One Too Many
I am so saddened to hear of this loss.
My condolences and prayers go out to his family in this difficult time.
Rest In Peace, John.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
So sorry to hear of John's passing. I met him twice on the Queen Mary and enjoyed his pen seminar. A great loss of a lovely gentleman.

Condolences to family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21