Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The pixies come at night...

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
I think the Bobby Pin Pixies come and drop all your pins off at my house!

They're everywhere! I swear I've never bought that many. I haven't got a bag, drawer or pocket in my house that doesn't have at least one bobby pin.

My husband always finds them on the floor when he's hoovering and gives me the "Will you put these things away?!" look.

Hair bobbles though, that's a different story. I think they disintergrate after a certain time so that you have to buy more. A cunning ploy by the hair bobble companies no doubt!

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
"Some other everyday mystery comes to my mind: There seems to be a big enterprise conspiracy going on against me. Many companies keep on discontinuing my favorite products! In the last, let's say 5 years, about 75% of my favorite food products and many other products just stopped being produced and never came back. My man already makes fun of me when we go shopping: "Should we buy your favorite pizza - I mean, if they still have it, haha!"
What the heck?! "

Ooh! Me too! Whenever we discover a new product that we like, it's never there when we go back for more! It's happened to us loads of times. Whenever we find something new we say "Ah well, let's enjoy it while we can. They'll probably stop making it soon",

wahine

Practically Family
I started hording products that I really like. Luckily, I just moved into a bigger apartment ;)

Why is it that my hair always looks best when I just fumble around a bit, just before going to bed, nobody seeing me? Whenever I try to get the same look on a going out occasion, it looks blah! :p

HepKitty

One Too Many
bobby pins and seam rippers. I have a ton of seam rippers for this reason, and it's infuriating when I can't find even one of them :mad:

wahine

Practically Family
Ahh, it's contagious! Before I read about "losing" seam rippers on the lounge, I had only one which I always found. Now, it's gone! And if I really think about it... I also don't know where the other one is that I got because I couldn't find the first one.

Well, it just might have to do something with my moving to a new apartment. But it's much likelier that the pixies did it, isn't it?

moonmatrix

Familiar Face
Bobby Pins, bead needles and hair seperaters, those clippies to hold the hair sections out of your way. All disapear constantly on me. not to mention my rollers themselves. My boyfriend buys me several packages of bobby pins every christmas for my stocking and I pay the kid I babysit a penny for each one he finds on the floor. He makes a ton off me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot