Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Post Office is Toying with Me!

yardpup01

New in Town
I got home yesterday from class, and there was a slip in my mail box stating that I had a parcel to pick up at the post office. I ran into my apartment with glee thinking, 'my fed IV is here! It's here, it's here, it's here!' As I drove to the post office I thought of all the things my new Fed IV and I could do together: stay up late telling ghost stories, get ice cream, play catch, ride a tandem bike together. But alas no, in my haste and excitement I neglected to look at the part of the notice that said to pick it up after today, and it was still out on delivery.

But that was yesterday, and today is today! Promptly at 9am I will walk into the post office and receive my moonstone standard Fed IV, which will be my first fur felt hat. I'm as giddy as a school boy!

Duper

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge yardpup01. Enjoy your great new Fed IV, and keep your comments coming. This may be your first felt, but I'm sure it won't be your last!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
yardpup01 said:
I got home yesterday from class, and there was a slip in my mail box stating that I had a parcel to pick up at the post office. I ran into my apartment with glee thinking, 'my fed IV is here! It's here, it's here, it's here!' As I drove to the post office I thought of all the things my new Fed IV and I could do together: stay up late telling ghost stories, get ice cream, play catch, ride a tandem bike together. But alas no, in my haste and excitement I neglected to look at the part of the notice that said to pick it up after today, and it was still out on delivery.

But that was yesterday, and today is today! Promptly at 9am I will walk into the post office and receive my moonstone standard Fed IV, which will be my first fur felt hat. I'm as giddy as a school boy!
lol lol Yardpup, you're cracking me up! You sound like me, when I have a new hat coming. Welcome, and enjoy your new Fed IV! I love mine.

yardpup01

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I don't own a digital camera, but will steal one from my roommates as soon as I get a chance. The fed IV looks great, having trouble getting the bash right. Fits great with a little foam in the sides, I think I may be a long oval. I will endeavor to post, but I often don't say much very often.

jwalls

Vendor
Welcome

Glad you could join our little group. No, USPS isn't competent enough to mess with anyone. Just plain screwed up.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Welcome, welcome!

I hope you and your Federation IV get to do all of those things you imagined together! (And I would love a video of you and the Fed IV riding a tandem together. Something tells me you'll be doing all of the pedaling.)

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge, yardpup, and congrats on the new Fed!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I know what you mean about getting that slip from the post office. One of my carriers will not get out of her car to deliver boxes most of the time so I usually have to go get mine as well. Fortunately, it's a small town so I don't have to wait until they're open. I just ring the doorbell in the back and they let me in to get my package while on my way to work.

Say what you will about the USPS, in the 600+ transactions I've had on ebay they've been by far the most reliable and safe compared to to UPS, Fed-Ex, and DHL.

Regards,
Tom

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Welcome. Join the club of the USPS/post office trackers! I`ve got their tracking page at the top of my favorites! :p

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Welcom yardpup! and don't spill any icecream on that Fed.. ;) enjoy your hat! oh, and if you want to make a fine crease into a new Federation, do take it for a tandem-ride, but only when it's pouring outside.. soake yer partner reaal goood, so you can massage the finest creases into it, and let it stay on your head for the rest of the night... :D

yardpup01

New in Town
djgo- The duct tape is fairly random, partially reflecting my hands-on nature and tendency to 'improvise' solutions to mechanical problems. It also references a Canadian tv show that aired on Iowa Public Television that I was quite fond of as a tyke call The Red Green Show.(referenced in my sig)

Dewhurst- It's at times like these that I wish I had photoshop experience! lol

I've done some working with steam and I put in a decent(if I say so myself) tugboat tear-drop bash. It's gunna be a while until I get used to this tall crown and wide brim. Still working on photos guys, I'll try to get some up.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
yardpup01 said:
djgo- The duct tape is fairly random, partially reflecting my hands-on nature and tendency to 'improvise' solutions to mechanical problems.

I hear ya, use the stuff all the time. A friend of mine used to use duct tape to hold his car together... it was a comfortable ride anyhow.. :D

I needed time Getting used to a widebrimmed, tallcrowned hat, my first serious fedora was the same as your first so I know what your talking about. Enjoy and keep posting!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
I hear ya, use the stuff all the time. A friend of mine used to use duct tape to hold his car together... it was a comfortable ride anyhow.. :D
:eek:fftopic:

I always liked this saying: Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

lol

Welcome to the Lounge, yardpup!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24