Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Quintessential WWII Era Hat?

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Feraud said:
The quintessential fedora would be the "brown hat", "gray hat" respectively. :)
Picture5674.jpg

I cannot imagine people in WWII knowing the minutiae of their hats any more than a fellow off the street today quoting measurements of his baseball cap.;)

Embarrassing after you correctly just said that, but would you care to measure brim width and crown height of this nice hat? (What is it, BTW?) :rolleyes:

Feraud

Bartender
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
Embarrassing after you correctly just said that, but would you care to measure brim width and crown height of this nice hat? (What is it, BTW?) :rolleyes:
It is a Stetson Whippet of modest dimensions.
I will provide the measurements this evening.

Lawman

One of the Regulars
I have a brown Whippet, and love it. It is what I regarded as close to the standard WWII era lid. It won't hold a pinch, though. It seems like very time I get it just right, I look in the rear view mirror, and it is off center again!

Mark

Duck

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
Looks like he's also wearing a "wife beater" undershirt, too. BTW, Does anyone know a less rude name for these shirts?
The correct name for this type of undershirt is an A-Shirt.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
ribbon too small, felt too thick (for The Third Man hat). But looks better for a thinner guy than when I bought the hat. :D

Used an Exacto knife and sandpaper.

And nerves of steel....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart