Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The School of Hard Knox

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks for the kind words. I do not know anything about bowler hats or derbys or the age of this one. After you mentioned the curl that I did not notice it is only curled on the sides and not the front or back.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Howard, great find! Definately a nice one!!!

Here is my newly aquired Knox. I believe it to be from the 40s? The felt on this one is very moldable and soft! I have never owned a hat with a sticker at the top... was this done for quantity, or to help keep the hat a little cooler in hotter months? This is quickly becoming one of my favorite hats! The color is brown, but my camera makes it look almost orangish. The ribbon & binding seem to be a mix between brown & purple.

The open-crown height is: 5 1/2"
Brim: 2 1/2"

003-ve10.jpg

021-ve10.jpg

040-ve10.jpg

Here it is on my head:

04610.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
Great hat Justin! I don't know much about hat stickers. But I did see one like yours at the antique mall yesterday by another name. I have a Borsalino without a liner also.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
Thank you. The best part of my youth was spent in Chicago whether attending the harness races at sportsman park with my granfather or all the shows at the amplitheater, or shopping on Michigan Ave when I met my wife, the city has always been alive.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Knox 1913 for Harris & Frank, Los Angeles

SCAN0517.JPG
SCAN0518.JPG
SCAN0519.JPG
SCAN0520.JPG
SCAN0521.JPG
SCAN0522.JPG

Not sure if I already posted this. Just try to date a Derby by style and proportions.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner