Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Watching it on TCM right now. Dang, that's a nice pork pie.

97328237_4b51e8b238_m.jpg

EDIT: Actually it isn't TCM, it's the MGM Channel. I came across it while flipping through channels, and I just automatically assumed it was TCM.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I love Thurber's original story (pocketa-pocketa-queep) and the MGM movie (ta-pocketa-pocketa).
I'm a big fan of Danny Kaye's films where he gets to be a bumbling coward and brave hero.
I also enjoyed his radio shows.
Basil Rathbone was a fan of his too. In his autobiography Rathbone speaks very little about his films and co-stars but had lots of good things to say about Kaye .

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Mr E Train

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
I also enjoyed his radio shows.
Basil Rathbone was a fan of his too. In his autobiography Rathbone speaks very little about his films and co-stars but had lots of good things to say about Kaye .

Sincerely,
The Wolf

So...are you saying what I think you're saying?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure I know what you think I'm saying.[huh]
Rathbone mentions that Kaye was not only talented but worked hard.
For The Court Jester they had saber instruction from Ralph Faulkner. After two weeks Kaye could out fight Rathbone who had much more practise through the years.
There is too much to write here, Rathbone fills three pages talking about Danny Kaye.
He does mention that Kaye had "that indefinable quality we call "class"."

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Danny Kaye was an extremely talented, versatile, (and under-rated) performer. He excelled at everything that was required of him in the most challenging of movie rolls. Everything from comedy, to drama and everything in between. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy