Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The STETSON WAY, Advertising and ephemera of the Golden Era

Ah, that one is part of my one of my other collecting hobbies, film prop replicas. It's a hand turned wooden cane based on John Hammond's 'dinosaur bone' cane from Jurassic Park.
Oh, I thought it was painted bamboo. Movie replicas...I'd like a lifesize running replica of the 1968 Mustang Steve McQueen drove in "Bullet" or the panhead Captain America bike Fonda rode in "Easy Rider".

Not to drift too far from topic, but did you see a few years ago they found one of the Bullitt Mustangs in a junkyard in Mexico?
I think I do remember that claim being made. The actor Dan Haggerty (Grizzley Adams) was the properties manager for Easy Rider. He sold Captain America bikes for yrs claiming they were used in the movie, when it was a known fact that most of the real bikes were destroyed during the filming of the final scene.

April 1945, A Stratoliner with The Stratoliner!!!
April 1945.jpg

On the Back was this cool ad for ties!!!
Ties April 1945.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, after the war (and wearing Army Green for a few years) they seemed to think we men needed advice on how to dress again. They ran these sorts of ads from 1945 and ending in 1950........they are really cool for us now just to see what it was suggested they do wear........as I am sure there were some who followed their advice to the "T". I DO think that then as now, we men wore whatever they wish!!!;)
M

J Williams

Practically Family
Ok, here's the Stetson corner in my living room...

That's good stuff. I don't have anything old but I have a few Stetson western posters my wife bought me a number of years ago. I believe she got them from the now closed Byrnie Utz in Seattle. I remember her telling me everyone was really confused as to why she wanted them. Going to have to hang those up.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
That's good stuff. I don't have anything old but I have a few Stetson western posters my wife bought me a number of years ago. I believe she got them from the now closed Byrnie Utz in Seattle. I remember her telling me everyone was really confused as to why she wanted them. Going to have to hang those up.

I asked the guys at Hat Guys in Oakland if they would be willing to part with one of their Stetson signs after they closed up shop but never heard back from them.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I asked the guys at Hat Guys in Oakland if they would be willing to part with one of their Stetson signs after they closed up shop but never heard back from them.
I have been after a Singer Sewing Machine Shop sign for ages. They are as rare as rocking horse droppings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk