Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The STETSON WAY, Advertising and ephemera of the Golden Era

Postmarked 1942....
IMG_20201026_163535.jpg

Yes, interesting book. I do have that one of course..:rolleyes:

By the by, this thread is for items we OWN. It was created for us ephemera collectors to share our actual physical items we have collected through the years.....

Internet links and pictures are frowned upon to be reserved for other threads.......

Thanks,
M

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Yes, interesting book. I do have that one of course..:rolleyes:

By the by, this thread is for items we OWN. It was created for us ephemera collectors to share our actual physical items we have collected through the years.....

Internet links and pictures are frowned upon to be reserved for other threads.......

Thanks,
M
A simple private message asking it be removed would have sufficed.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
PM sent......not sure what you found offensive.
Just a reminder of the purpose of the thread.....

And I DO like that book....and I DO actually have a physical copy....It is part of a 10 (or twelve I cannot remember) volume set on famous homes.....
I'm not offended. Your reminder has been noted.

I do not believe so.....

and here you go...as good as I can get. View attachment 332203

Well, Holy Crap-a-doodle, Batman - er, Hatman!

Maybe this sucker's older than I thought! I just thought it was an oddball.

Picture3.jpg
Picture2.jpg
Picture1.jpg

Although I wouldn't lay claim to as early as '27. The inner size sticker doesn't track for that old, and the ad features a Play Boy, as opposed to a Playboy, as my sweatband is stamped.

Maybe this sucker's older than I thought! I just thought it was an oddball.
Although I wouldn't lay claim to as early as '27. The inner size sticker doesn't track for that old, and the ad features a Play Boy, as opposed to a Playboy, as my sweatband is stamped.

First use of Royal Stetson as in THE Royal Stetson was around 1935 and was a top of the line then (crest used was a roundel on both the liner tip and sweat).....the use of simply Royal Stetson (and then the "Deluxe" versions) came about around 1940..........."there is a thread around here" as they say.....;)

Last edited:
First use of Royal Stetson as in THE Royal Stetson was around 1935 and was a top of the line then (crest used was a roundel on both the liner tip and sweat).....the use of simply Royal Stetson (and then the "Deluxe" versions) came about around 1940..........."there is a thread around here" as they say.....;)

That's pretty much what I've thought, 1940 or so. When was our previously known earliest PB reference, '35 or so?

Too lazy to go through the thread...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk