Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stratoliner Appreciation Club {MODERN}

Cookster

New in Town
I lucked into an Open Road, TommyK, it's grey and too big but I love it -- I was now trying to get Brown but they seem so rare. That's what turned me to the new hats namely The Premiere Stratoliner in Mink.

Cookster

New in Town
I lucked into an Open Road, TommyK, it's grey and too big but I love it -- I was now trying to get Brown but they seem so rare. That's what turned me to the new hats namely The Premiere Stratoliner in Mink.

tommyK

One Too Many
The Premiere Strat in Mink is a great color and finish. It's a fine alternative if you can't find an old one. They do just fine in the rain too.

Everybody should have a silverbelly Open Road. A great versatile go anywhere do anything kind of hat.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
The Premiere Strat in Mink is a great color and finish. It's a fine alternative if you can't find an old one. They do just fine in the rain too.

Everybody should have a silverbelly Open Road. A great versatile go anywhere do anything kind of hat.

"Noah..."....
"Yes Lord"....
"Take two of everything and get it on an Ark, do it now before the flood"...
"Will thin ribbons vintage do for the hats, Lord"?
"Yes...Noah...and silverbelly will do just dandy".....

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Hello all. I checked with Stetson, and the hat that JJ Hat Centers is selling as the "Pan Am", is the Premier Statoliner and is labeled as such. I just hope that who ever has the rights to the Pan Am name now don't find out.

Jeff

Glad Hatter

Suspended
Hello All. Managed to snag a modern Stratoliner from Hats in the Belfry for a decent price, $135, not including shipping. I've come to understand there is a 'premiere' edition of the Stratoliner. What is the difference between the two hats?

Asmo

One of the Regulars
Hello All. Managed to snag a modern Stratoliner from Hats in the Belfry for a decent price, $135, not including shipping. I've come to understand there is a 'premiere' edition of the Stratoliner. What is the difference between the two hats?

It's my understanding that the Premier is of a higher quality felt than the regular Stratoliner. The Premier also comes open crown, so you can crease it however you want.
Mine:
ec75f18c80528e86796a793427256f54.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Yes, I picked this one up from JJ's the day the open-crown Silverbelly models arrived. I asked them to do this particular bash. I certainly couldn't have done it!

ae486c2295819a2c77f280130defb860.jpg

144f9899189a3a16574aa9cde75527e7.jpg

f787ecbebc66ab878792f7e944ad6239.jpg

ca5a038232a031bff547b039864b9e9c.jpg

00acea809c11eb0ef777c40dae899cfe.jpg

faa701b05432edfc3da4bd041017e498.jpg

5e131b9548b1870d08acc0ac6f149ead.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
I was so surprised to see it in the shop I forgot to photograph it in its open-crown state!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srq2002

Familiar Face
I have two of the regular modern Stratoliners, and they have the thinnest/lightest felt of all of my Stetsons, with a Benchley being a close second.

Can anyone tell me how the felt of the Premiere Stratoliners compares? Thanks!

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
I have two of the regular modern Stratoliners, and they have the thinnest/lightest felt of all of my Stetsons, with a Benchley being a close second.

Can anyone tell me how the felt of the Premiere Stratoliners compares? Thanks!

I asked this question also. The premiere uses Royal Deluxe felt but I was unable to get clarity as to the qualitative difference. I find the standard to be quite nice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn