Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Stuff of Nightmares.

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
Okay, I have to post just one last one.

This was always one of my favourites. It's from a story called "The wolf girl" based on the old urban legend of a baby being stolen and raised by wolves.

wu2zxz.jpg

If you want to see more of the madness just look up "Scary stories to tell in the dark" on Google image search.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
WARNING: If you dislike modern horror movies because they scare you too much or you find them disturbing, then I recommend you don't follow this link.

I wish I had the money to do pictures of this caliber, but not as creepy. lol

Joshua Hoffine

I like the monster under the bed picture.

Lee

I liked 1 and 3. The rest were just cheesy and over the top for me.

Barz51

New in Town
Those books came out when I was in the fifth grade and scared the crap out of me. Anybody remember the Wendigo (sp?) or the room in the hotel no one could stay in with out loosing their minds? Does anyone have the pic of the footsteps coming through the ceiling? I'm not sure I even want to see it. :eek:

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Down2BDapper said:
To me though, the scariest images in the world can be found in the "Scary stories to tell in the dark" books by Alvin Swartch. When I was a kid those books were actually banned from our elementary school library just for the illistrations alone. To this day looking at some of them still makes me afraid to close my eyes at night.

Holy cow! I was just browsing this thread and thinking of posting something about these illustrations, but you beat me to it! When I was in elementary school, I found these in the library and had pretty much "permanently" checked them out for the school year lol I had forgot about these until recently when I was at Barnes and Noble and saw the entire collection in hardback, which, of course, had to be purchased. Looking at these images still sends shivers up my spine!

sc12eq8.jpg

sc9pi8.jpg

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
StaceFace said:
I was at Barnes and Noble and saw the entire collection in hardback, which, of course, had to be purchased

Yep, that's exactley what I have too. lol

I like how the second image you posted comes from a story that's supposed to be "funny" rather than "scary".

Not with that picture it wasn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails