Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The UK 1940s Vintage Radio Station

zider67

New in Town
This post is a few years old but could do with a bump, just in case anyone doesn't know about this excellent internet radio station.
PS "The Swing era" show is due to start in 45 min too ;)

Stand By

One Too Many
Oh yes, it deserves a bump alright! I just discovered this station for myself around three weeks ago when I had had enough of my usual stations and wanted something different and put "1940s music" into my TuneIn Radio app search browser on my I-phone and gave it a whirl - it's become one of my favourites since.
It plays wonderful music - and it's sooo relaxing! In an abrasive and frenetic modern world that's lost its collective marbles, it is very soothing in a spa-channel-like way, but is much better in that it's playing good music with little bio's on who's playing what and when it was a hit, so it's informative. And it's completely commercial-free too! Well, apart from the period commercials for Ajax and the like! It's charming.
Some of the music is 78rpm and has a vinyl sound (cracks and pops) and some is of hi-fi quality. Little news items and vignettes from WW2 get tossed in to the mix and it all makes for a wonderful alternative to modern radio, which can become an incessant "noise".
If you work to music all day as I do, I hope dear reader, like me, you will find it to be a perfect antidote to the 21st century.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner