Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The very *pink* of perfection!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
tumblr_l71e8xFsvI1qzoaqio1_500.jpg

Audrey Hepburn by Bert Stern http://suicideblonde.tumblr.com/

Big Daddy

New in Town
Here's a little passage on the expression from my third book:

"Some say that the phrase ‘in the pink’, denoting happiness, or superlative state, derives from the satisfaction which customers felt in wearing hunting coats which a tailor, supposedly called Thomas Pink, made in the 18th Century; although there is a reference, long before, in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, Act 2, Scene IV, line 57, dated 1597, to being ‘in the pink’:
Mercutio: “Nay, I am in the very pink of courtesy.”
and there is not any known documentary evidence to support the assertion that there even was any such tailor as Thomas Pink at all: possibly, another urban legend."

RainEdayWoman

Familiar Face
I typically loath pink. It is just not a color I wear. I just hate the way pin k anything looks on me but I happened across some pink lipstick from Besame. Long story shot I ordered the Noir lipstick and the company did not have it in stock and there was a bit of back and fourth trying to re do my order with a different shade in stock that I could use. And, for the trouble the company sent me a free Exotic Pink lipstick. I mentioned to her that I am a redhead and have issue finding reds that look good on me trying to figure a better shade. My second choice was Red Velvet which I loved already but they only have 1 in stock and my order was for 2 Noir. Anyway, they thankfully found a second Velvet to send and she emailed me apologizing for the troubles and understood as she was a redhead herself and said she was sending the pink thinking I may like it. I was appreciative but thought I would end up gifting the pink it to someone else because... well... i hate pink. Well let me tell you, I LOVE this lipstick. It is the first pink I have felt comfortable in and it is not a subdued pink by any means. I never in a million years thought I would love a pink lipstick and feel comfortable wearing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy