Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The vintage Bible

Wild Root

Gone Home
This is just one page from a 1936 Sears catalog. I will be posting some more soon! I have a whole catalog and will be posting the scans I get from it. This will give you a good strong guide line to fallow for decorating, dressing, and just about any thing you might like to know about life of the Depression.

Enjoy this first page of young men’s suits.

Root.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
I must say...I cannot say I like the pants of the '30's....I couldn't stand having the bottoms of my pants legs being as long as the shoes on my feet....I prefer something that would be a little smaller in that area...

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well bud, all I can say is don’t knock’em till you try’em! I have a few 30’s pants that are this nice full cut 22� leg. They look so smart and have such a nice swing to them! Even in the 40’s pants were still about 18� wide at the hem. It was mostly a youthful style that was worn among young men. Here are some adult suits for summer time! Enjoy these belted back fancies! This is the stuff dreams are made of!

Root.

PS. More to come! Stay tuned.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Must not forget the shoes! I'll be posting more shoe pages soon as well. I plan to scan most pages out of this catalog because most don't see what's inside them and it's a good way to keep a record. Seeing that paper only lasts so long it's a good idea to scan what I can.

Enjoy!

Root.

STHill

One of the Regulars
Root, thanks for posting those pics. Since you have the catalogue, can I order through you? Put be down for an even dozen of those 89 cent hats in 7 3/8. And I'll take four pleated- and belted-back jacket summer suits in size 40R @ $3.39 each. I'll send you a personal check for $50.00. That should cover shipping and handling, with a little extra for you and the missus. Thanks a million.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Now, I'm going to get down to brass tacks! I'm posting some of the things that would have been worn with these swell suits and hats. Look closely at this page to see the styles of braces, sock garters, ties, and the like. In many respects, they are very differently styled to those that are made today.

Stay tuned for more pages to come!

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I know that there have been thoughts about belts and the like. What did 30’s belts look like??? Well, now you can lay that concern to rest. Look at some of these. Most of the styles on this page are not made today. But, some you can find at most department stores.

Enjoy!

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
These are just sport slacks. If you find some of these and say: I wish I had the coat to match, well, there wasn't any coat to match. Just like sport coats, there were sport slacks.

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy