Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Vintage Camera Club Thread

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It may be hard for us hardcore photo types to believe, but there are indeed people who don't know anything about the Leica name.

Hey, despite the easiest access to information in human history, there are a vast number of folks out there who don't know much of anything about anything!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
1919 Reporters

4273846683_09de477544_o.jpg

I do also have what is left of a camera collection from Ansco to Zeiss(mini to 12x20) if there is interest.

JEEP

Practically Family
Agfa_Isola_WWW.jpg

My dad's old Agfa Isola II.

This isn't just a camera for me, it is an object that tells a story about a man who spent around a month's salary, sometime in the late 50's, on a camera - a purchase that gave him imminent enjoyment back then and made him able to produce some excellent photos - a man whom age has presented with a very poor eyesight, making him unable to enjoy the pleasure of photographing; my father.

Regards.

Jakob

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
Phineas Lamour said:
Anyone know a place that develops it? Or do I have to convert my second bathroom into a dark room and do it myself?

Any place that processes 120 film can do it. The film is the same size as 120 film. I have respooled 120 film onto 620 spools to try out an old camera. This takes some practice, as you have to do it in complete darkness.

Remember to ask for your spools back if you do not have many of them to spare.

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
Thanks Duck

We picked up an old Kodak Duaflex II camera at an estate sales and it has an old roll of film in it. We also got an old Viewlex slide projector and a bunch of slides from the 50s at the same sale.

Warbaby

One Too Many
I've recently been unpacking a lot of stuff that we had put in storage a few years ago when we moved to Amsterdam. Finally found my old Century 4x5 (still haven't turned up my Star Premo, but I've go a couple of trunks to go). It's in good working condition with a clean lens and relatively accurate shutter speeds (at least at 1/25 and 1/50). I have a half-dozen plate holders for it, so as soon as I get a spare 50 bucks, I'm going to order some orthochromatic sheet film and try working with it.

Century4x5b.JPG

grundie

One of the Regulars
This is my vintage camera.

uOGKo.jpg

My wife bought it for $5 for me to use as a prop when going to vintage events I noticed that it was in excellent condition and went to the bother of converting some 120 film to 620 film to check it out. It works a treat!

The images it takes are sharp and colourful. A bit of vignetting at the corners is the only negative, but I would expect that from a cheap camera of its era.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Looking through this thread made me take a photo of MY newfound vintage camera.

I recently discovered the Agfa Silette my grandfather bought while overseas with the Navy. Could use a cleaning, but seems to be in working order otherwise.

4363733507_743995f641.jpg

Randy

Levallois

Practically Family
Kodak Vigilant Junior Six-20 with box and booklets

Found this in my mom's house - I had forgotten all about it - I used to play with it when i was a kid - no film. Just a cool old camera to go with my 1930s desk setup. Thanks for looking.

John

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I recently found my uncle's old camera collection. One of them is an Agfa Ansco Shur Shot brownie, made of plastic and a plain metal front. I want to actually use it, but I know nothing about vintage cameras. There's two glass rectangles on adjacent sides, the lenses on the front, a slider on the side that says 'Diaphragm', 'Time', and 'Shutter'. There's a knob on the side that turns, and the back panel opens to reveal a cavity with a hole on the back wall, that I assume is the other end of the lenses. Any idea how to use it? Sorry for all the amateur questions, but I figured this is the place to ask. I also have an Argus C44, but I'll ask you guys about that later. ;)

Thanks!
flute

rlk

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:
I recently found my uncle's old camera collection. One of them is an Agfa Ansco Shur Shot brownie, made of plastic and a plain metal front. I want to actually use it, but I know nothing about vintage cameras. There's two glass rectangles on adjacent sides, the lenses on the front, a slider on the side that says 'Diaphragm', 'Time', and 'Shutter'. There's a knob on the side that turns, and the back panel opens to reveal a cavity with a hole on the back wall, that I assume is the other end of the lenses. Any idea how to use it? Sorry for all the amateur questions, but I figured this is the place to ask. I also have an Argus C44, but I'll ask you guys about that later. ;)

Thanks!
flute
4491542254_d5d83e7691_b.jpg

PM Sent about the Camera

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
I cant believe it happened to me......$15.00...:eek:

P1050341.jpg
[/IMG]
P1050342.jpg
[/IMG]
R0015104.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a friend who bought some cheap costume jewellery...later found out it was real diamonds.
Very happy that this camera has ended up with someone who will appreciate it. The M3 is an elegant camera. Enjoy!
-bern

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
DapperDuck said:
Any place that processes 120 film can do it. The film is the same size as 120 film. I have respooled 120 film onto 620 spools to try out an old camera. This takes some practice, as you have to do it in complete darkness.

Remember to ask for your spools back if you do not have many of them to spare.

Ive done it too. Its tricky, but very satisfying to respool 120 onto a 620 camera , then take it for a shoot. DONT LET THEM TOSS OUT THOSE SPOOLS!

http://www.getnet.net/~gstewart/respool.htm

p51

One Too Many
Doe anyone know of any good websites that give camera ages by serial #s? I was offered a Kodak 35 recently but turned it down because I wasn't sure if it was pre-1945 or not. I still am not sure. I searched a LOT for anything that talks about ages by serial #s but found nothing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points