Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The War

As far as I am concerned, service is service whether it be in the National Guard or the regular military. My father went, my grandfather went and my uncles went. They served and that was it. No one classified or split hairs over service.
If you want to split hairs, ask yourself who was in the service longer GW or Kerry? Who served, got out, shut up and went about his life. Who served, got out, went about denouncing his country to anyone who would listen---demoralizing those he left behind and built his career upon such past transgressions along with someone named Jane?
This is Fourth of July here---think. To all of those who have served to fight and preserve freedom here and abroad--Thank you for a job well done. This is still the good ole US of A because of you. :clap :clap

Regards to all,

J

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Thanks James,

This is Fourth of July here---think. To all of those who have served to fight and preserve freedom here and abroad--Thank you for a job well done. This is still the good ole US of A because of you.

I served i died they brought me back and i would do it all over again. I do love my country

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
In high school right after we signed up for the Selective Service, our church helped most of us to fill out papers to be Conscientious Objectors.

To be short, we are opposed to killing.

What the CO papers essentially did was state that we would serve as needed, but not in any way that would break our religious beliefs.

Most Mennonites serve(d) in hospitals, offices, or other non combat roles if called upon to serve.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Originally posted by Panamabob
Most Mennonites serve(d) in hospitals, offices, or other non combat roles if called upon to serve.

There's nothing wrong with that... you folks filled a roll as long as you observe the fact and respect that many people went out to fight because the notion of not being free was more offensive.

Originally posted by Panamabob
In high school right after we signed up for the Selective Service, our church helped most of us to fill out papers to be Conscientious Objectors.

To be short, we are opposed to killing.

What the CO papers essentially did was state that we would serve as needed, but not in any way that would break our religious beliefs.

Like I said, service is service. It is important to remember that even though some did not serve in combat roles, they could still get killed like everyone else there. The ones that ran away with their tail between their legs to Canada and other places are those that I have a problem with. I never served a day but if I was called upon to serve then I would even at my age. They probably wouldn't take me though--flat feet, wear glasses etc. :D

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot