Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Theaters NATIONWIDE/ Casablanca 70th anniversery /Wed, Mar 21st at 7:00PM (local time

Idledame

Practically Family
If you've never seen a classic film in a movie theater, it's a whole different experience from seeing it at home on tv.

NCM Fathom, Turner Classic Movies, and Warner Bros are coming together again to present Turner Classic Movies Presents Casablanca 70th Anniversary Event in select movie theaters nationwide on Wednesday, March 21st at 7:00PM (local time). The event will begin with Turner Classic Movies host Robert Osborne taking audiences behind the scenes of this epic love story in a special original production showcasing stories from those who were on set and those who simply admire this timeless classic. Audiences will then be able to see again on the silver screen this beautiful and timeless classic.

Casablanca is a classic tale of unrequited love and is a project that defined the “golden age” of Hollywood and allowed audiences to fall in love with cinema all over again. Turner Classic Movies Presents Casablanca 70th Anniversary Event is the only opportunity to see this stunning digital presentation grace the silver screen on Wednesday, March 21st at 7:00PM (local time) with additional matinee showings at select movie theater locations. Check your local listings for more information.

Don’t miss the most romantic film of all time. More beautiful than it’s ever been!

TICKETING*
Tickets will be on sale to the public on Friday, February 24th but you can sign up here to receive an email! Limited seats available – so buy your tickets early!

More info and to buy tickets:
http://www.fathomevents.com/classics/event/casablanca.aspx

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Dang, it would be on a Wednesday night! I live about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from any of the closest theaters to me that will be showing it. I'd be willing to do the late night, but with the added issue of what to do with our granddaughters I don't see us being able to go.

Bummer.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Looks like we might be able to go, after all. My sister-in-law teaches at the elementary school as our granddaughters go and my wife thinks she can get her sister to take them home after school and take them back to school the next day. Annnddd if I can schedule myself to work at the campus I support near one of the locations my wife can go shopping while I work, we can go to dinner and the show and head home. As a bonus I'd get paid mileage for the trip! :)

I think this could work out!

Cheers,
Tom

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
It's showing a couple of places here in NYC, but I wish they'd arranged to show it at Times Square Church, which is housed in the theatre where that November premiere took place.

Though I presume the cost of doing so would have been prohibitive.

I've seen it on a big screen several times (once in a special screening at Radio City Music Hall, which was great), but plan to catch it again.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
No participating theaters in my State whatsoever! :( I would have at least thought that the theater we went to see "The Wizard of Oz" in would have joined in the fun.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
For their birthdays, I bought a pair of tickets each for my nephews (who are turning 30 and 32 this month) and their wives--one lives in Oklahoma City; the other near Chicago. They haven't seen many pre-1960s movies, I don't think, so I figured it was time they saw the best (my favorite, anyway).

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I saw Casablanca at the old Regency Theater, near Lincoln Center, about 25 years ago (or more). It was a real old fashioned movie theater, not a small screen art house. Really cool, recommended.

Old Rogue

Practically Family
All set to go! The nearest theater (Wilmington, NC) has a 2 pm showing. It's 2 hours away so Mrs. Rogue and I are going to catch that showing so we don't get home so late on a work night.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
No participating theaters in my State whatsoever! :( I would have at least thought that the theater we went to see "The Wizard of Oz" in would have joined in the fun.

It's a digital screening, which may have precluded that theatre from showing it.

Here in NYC, it's showing at two multiplexes, and though each has added a second screen, all four theatres are sold out. I have my ticket, but I was unable to purchase a ticket for a friend to accompany me. Initially, I wasn't going to go, having seen it on a big screen numerous times, but it's my favorite movie -- I certainly never grow tired of it -- and I wanted to take part in the national celebration of it.

Here's an interesting story from the Boston Globe that celebrates the picture's memorable supporting roles (and the actors who assayed them). Turns out only one of the actors from the movie is still alive -- Madeleine LeBeau, who played Yvonne, turns 89 in June.
original.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo