Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thedi Leathers Shawl Collared A-1 Cossack

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I've never liked this style till now. It looks amazing! Gotta say it probably looks best on a lanky frame like yours, Mike. Well done. Nice to see this maker getting some love.

How much is one of these?

Thanks again guys!
Seb, you'll be happy to know that I bought it second hand ;), but I believe the retail on this was around $1200US.

Edward

Bartender
Lovely looking jacket, very nice rendition of this particular style. I very much like the labels: nice sense of period to them.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I've been a fan of Theodoros' work for a couple of years now. I love flipping through his FB and site to see the unique designs and finishes he creates. Problem is that we see very few in the wild, and only the cafe racers are available through Thurston.
Last year Epaulet sold 2 models of Thedi jackets: a cafe racer...and this shawl collared A-1 Cossack style.
6N6mdEf.jpg

A bit of back-story:
I've wanted/ hunted for a Himel Heron for a long time, but they always eluded me. Then at Inspiration I tried one on, and the cut just didn't look right on me.
I've owned an LVC Menlo which I wasn't happy with (even though I got the color to look better), so I sold it. The Bretronaut and MF Campus jacket look great on others, but they each have their own issues for me. After my custom GW I've become very picky about the fit of my leather jackets.
When this Thedi A-1 came up, I couldn't resist! Sure the seller had 0 feedback, and the measurements were initially off (he later sent me photos with the tape), but it looked to be a perfect fit.
So I dove in.
On to the jacket: First off, I love the color- dark brown chocolate with no artificial aging. Contrast stitching, horn buttons, leather facings, and tan liner.
gIXcV7m.jpg

6MejAYo.jpg

kJcwVgu.jpg

ZqQzD7I.jpg

Dqw4LYP.jpg

S9sWVwc.jpg

QNx9us4.jpg

The Italian horsehide is different than I've felt before. It's spongier if that makes sense. More like broken in Steerhide or maybe Deerskin. I think the overall jacket weight is lighter than my Shinki one, but the hide is slightly thicker. There is no rigidity at all! This is a bit of a surprise as even vintage horsehide has that bit of stiffness to it. I think PN nailed the feel as "luxurious". Wearing the jacket is more like wearing a blanket rather than a cardboard box. (you guys know what I mean ;) )
The fit:
Y6CkZdX.jpg

3GegdXE.jpg

I like slim sleeves because I'm not a big guy, and at 5'10 I like a 25" back length. BA-BING!
The sleeves are a touch long, but please keep in mind that this is an off the rack Medium. I would call it a 38 or maybe "vintage" 40. My peeve is always the front length on jackets. I like the look of a 2" drop, and this one delivers!
I'm trying to figure out the collar. This one has been pressed flat/open to the second button, but I like these to have a bit more of a roll so I'm gonna HWT it to shape it a little differently.
U9VQEwp.jpg

Hx9aQh2.jpg

OX48Vov.jpg

All in all, I think I lucked out! Only issue is a button coming off, but it's still there and an easy fix. Thedi gives you an extra backer and button- nice touch.
Thanks for looking!

Great jacket HM...everything looks perfect! Really good looking design...

Beautiful jacket! - when these first hit the Epaulet website there was rightly a large buzz about them. I think you really nailed the description of the Italian HH, it's the softest, while still being substantial, leather I've ever handled. The fit is fantastic, the sleeves are about where I would like them, but that's up to the individual. I notice that he's pretty generous with his sleeve length on his standard sizes. Very nice proportions on the collar, pockets, bottom band, etc...

I believe that Carrie is trying to work out how to handle orders for other Thedi jackets so that we can start seeing more of them around here. Theodoros is designing some of the nicest jackets right now, and his hides are high quality also. He's taken a bit of a different path, emphasizing design without using the usual (and pricey) famous tanneries, which seems to keep his pricing at a reasonable level.

Congratulations on a great jacket, wear it in good health.

We have some exciting things in the pipeline right now with Thedi! Also, we have a few size runs of the jacket the OP received on order with Thedi right now. If folks want to reserve one for when they arrive, please contact us via email...cost is $999.99 USD....Sizes S through XL. Custom order for the Thedi Shawl Collar Utility Jackets is available through us...we'll ship out a Thedi Cafe' Racer to verify sizing and set body and sleeve lengths (a couple of folks already have a custom order going on this style through us)...

barnabus

One Too Many
This jacket looks amazing. I have a minor obsession with the A1 all of a sudden and this iteration of the style looks stunning. It fits you perfectly too, absolutely spot on.

I'm determined to find myself something in this style in a heavy canvas or similar, so I've been paying close attention to the other thread (uncanny how things crop up just in time to feed those creeping wants).

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Lovely looking jacket, very nice rendition of this particular style. I very much like the labels: nice sense of period to them.

I like the label too. The neck label looks like the Vintage Albert Richard label. The Horse Head label looks like Sears and others used in the 1930s. Nice touch.

Looks move like the BK A-1 than the Heron, especially the Collar.

Always nice to get a beauty second hand that fits.

avsmusic1

Familiar Face
Fantastic jacket!
I owned this same jacket for about 2 days. Absolutely loved everything about it, except the fit didn't quite work for me. I'm envious that it works so well for you

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I've been a fan of Theodoros' work for a couple of years now. I love flipping through his FB and site to see the unique designs and finishes he creates. Problem is that we see very few in the wild, and only the cafe racers are available through Thurston.
Last year Epaulet sold 2 models of Thedi jackets: a cafe racer...and this shawl collared A-1 Cossack style.
6N6mdEf.jpg

A bit of back-story:
I've wanted/ hunted for a Himel Heron for a long time, but they always eluded me. Then at Inspiration I tried one on, and the cut just didn't look right on me.
I've owned an LVC Menlo which I wasn't happy with (even though I got the color to look better), so I sold it. The Bretronaut and MF Campus jacket look great on others, but they each have their own issues for me. After my custom GW I've become very picky about the fit of my leather jackets.
When this Thedi A-1 came up, I couldn't resist! Sure the seller had 0 feedback, and the measurements were initially off (he later sent me photos with the tape), but it looked to be a perfect fit.
So I dove in.
On to the jacket: First off, I love the color- dark brown chocolate with no artificial aging. Contrast stitching, horn buttons, leather facings, and tan liner.
gIXcV7m.jpg

6MejAYo.jpg

kJcwVgu.jpg

ZqQzD7I.jpg

Dqw4LYP.jpg

S9sWVwc.jpg

QNx9us4.jpg

The Italian horsehide is different than I've felt before. It's spongier if that makes sense. More like broken in Steerhide or maybe Deerskin. I think the overall jacket weight is lighter than my Shinki one, but the hide is slightly thicker. There is no rigidity at all! This is a bit of a surprise as even vintage horsehide has that bit of stiffness to it. I think PN nailed the feel as "luxurious". Wearing the jacket is more like wearing a blanket rather than a cardboard box. (you guys know what I mean ;) )
The fit:
Y6CkZdX.jpg

3GegdXE.jpg

I like slim sleeves because I'm not a big guy, and at 5'10 I like a 25" back length. BA-BING!
The sleeves are a touch long, but please keep in mind that this is an off the rack Medium. I would call it a 38 or maybe "vintage" 40. My peeve is always the front length on jackets. I like the look of a 2" drop, and this one delivers!
I'm trying to figure out the collar. This one has been pressed flat/open to the second button, but I like these to have a bit more of a roll so I'm gonna HWT it to shape it a little differently.
U9VQEwp.jpg

Hx9aQh2.jpg

OX48Vov.jpg

All in all, I think I lucked out! Only issue is a button coming off, but it's still there and an easy fix. Thedi gives you an extra backer and button- nice touch.
Thanks for looking!
Handymike

This looks great. I was worried that this style jacket would be to high a cut for me being 6'-!", it is sometimes hard to find a jacket long enough that is not too large
I spoke with Theodoros about making me one of these. He loves his Horsehide. I was thinking of goatskin, but he doesn't do that.

I am trying to get info about a Himel Herron that i heard about. I like that button up shawl collar look.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I bet you get a great jacket. Carie is great at fitting jackets and Theodoros makes great jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran