Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThinkGeek's "Officially Licensed" Indiana Jones Fedora

MattJH

One Too Many
Oh boy.

I don't know if this is old news or not, but I just emailed them with a brief education on Adventurebilt and the differences in color, dimensions, and creasing, along with the unimportance of the "officially licensed" moniker since the failure in replication is more than obvious with the naked eye.

When will it stop?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's just a fur felt Dorfman, isn't it? Nothing wrong with that so long as you're not expecting a super-duper accurate to a particular scene hat like some people are.

MattJH

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
It's just a fur felt Dorfman, isn't it? Nothing wrong with that so long as you're not expecting a super-duper accurate to a particular scene hat like some people are.

Agreed, but if you don't know anything about hats and you read the description and watch the YouTube video, people are going to think it's the exact same hat worn by Harrison Ford. Blatant misleading advertising is all.

jpbales

Practically Family
they forgot to mention...

that it's "Made in China" too lol

DSC00776.jpg

MCrider

A-List Customer
Although if you like the hat I say go for (as long as you're not expecting it to look like Indiana's), but the thing that makes me laugh is the ThinkGeeks line: "There's also a little Indiana Jones charm on the hatband (which is easily removed for a more movie-accurate look)." Yeah that'll make it look more movie accurate!
lol lol lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
ScionPI2005 said:
Maybe we should all get fancy little pins with our names on them to put on our hat ribbons... [huh]
You are going to get jumped on by the pin wearers who might unite with the feather wearers, then you will be in big trouble...:eek: :rolleyes: lol lol lol lol

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Alas, my hat has my initials punched into the leather sweatband. And my initials are not IJ - and no pin either!!
Perhaps if I write "Indiana Jones" on my forehead, I'll join the officially licensed club.

However, I do have some official Indiana Jones bullwhips! They are an [almost] exact replica of the bullwhip in the movie [well, they're leather bootlaces] and carefully weathered for an authentic appearance [my dog, Gus, chewed on them]. Now to get a hat pin!!!

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
duggap said:
DBLIII, is that the killer dog Gus in your avatar. :p

Yes, that's Gus. When the photo was taken, he would fit inside an Adventurebilt (not that I knew what one was then). He's about 35 pounds now, pretty big for a Boston Terrier, and he could probably wear my Adventurebilt - he's about as fat-headed as I am.
He doesn't bark at my fedora - smart dog - but for some odd reason, he barks at my cowboy hat that has a horse's tail hanging off of it. Odd......

At least he keeps me in officially licensed and "professionally aged" Indy gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner