Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is SO BLOODY FRUSTRATING!!!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Once again after numerous emails & being assured, REPEATEDLY, that this Resistol is a 7 1/2, (me: "is this item TAGGED a 7 1/2 or does it measure 7 1/2"? seller: "tagged 7 1/2") I have received a (very nice) 7 1/4 Resistol...!!!

Now I currently have no fewer than 3 lids awaiting the stretcher, three!
At least two I bought fully aware of their size deficit, but this one that came today, whatta crock! Not to mention it was paid for on 1/16 & just showed up today. I guess I ought to be happy it wasn't a 7 1/8, 'cause: seller "well it does have a one on the size label, right?" :rolleyes:

:rage: NUTS! :rage:

Well thanks for letting me vent ya'll. I know I am not alone in this, but it is maddening, eh?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The information age, ironically, has made ninnies out of a lot of folks who don't realize it's got information about old stuff like hat sizes, as well as new cars and teevees.

My rule is never to ask an eBayer for info in words if a picture can be taken.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
The 7 3/4 HJ I got last week was sent out yesterday...after trying to get the seller to email me ( I sent him 4 emails)...he finally answered with a "I stated that I generally mail out items once a week" ( I'm guessing he only answers email once a week also)...This by no means tells me what day he mails on. I asked him to check the size tag, which clearly shows cm size (6?)...but he said that he sent out the hat, but couldn't read the tag...[huh] :eusa_doh: :eek:
Oh well...at least it's finally on the way...:D

feltfan

I recently received a "7 1/2" Cavanagh that turned
out to be 7 1/4 when it arrived. Original size tag plus
two tags under the sweatband. Happily, the seller
simply refunded my money. I'll put it up for sale here
cheap some time soon. It's a nice hat, but I won't
stretch them THAT much.

But as we know, for every nice seller...

I do think it's not just about knowing vintage stuff.
Really... it's about reading comprehension. Since the
buyer cannot hold an eBay item in his hands, it is
incumbent on the seller to bend over backwards to
provide accurate information.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Been there....I will be there again

As long as we buy on ebay these things will happen. I have been taken so many times to count. It's not good for your blood pressure to get so worked-up about things that you can't control. It's probably a good thing I live in the middle of the country... miles away from everywhere I buy. It keeps me from getting in the car and driving to their house and rattling their teeth and ending up in jail. I do find some comfort in knowing that what goes around comes around.

feltfan

citRon said:
:eek:fftopic: What is that squirrel in your icon doing? If he's cleaning out your gutters, do you lend him out?
I have seen a lot of squirrels in that position.
I am guessing he is torturing a dog, who can't get him.

Rick Blaine

ed_bollix said:
don't forget the power of feedback!

...yeah, I am really quite ambivalent on this one. It is fully possible that the seller couldn't read the (small, faded) size tag. The only one present was the one beneath the sweatband & liner. The one that hung from the sweat was long gone...

carouselvic said:
As long as we buy on ebay these things will happen. I have been taken so many times to count. It's not good for your blood pressure to get so worked-up about things that you can't control. It's probably a good thing I live in the middle of the country... miles away from everywhere I buy. It keeps me from getting in the car and driving to their house and rattling their teeth and ending up in jail. I do find some comfort in knowing that what goes around comes around.

Quite right, good point.

ed_bollix

New in Town
:eek:fftopic: The little bugger supervises the lawn crew. He usually wears a typical Irish style cap but the wind had taken it moments before the shot was taken. To my knowledge they do not do gutters, sorry.

Spellflower

Practically Family
If I ran ebay...

I would require sellers to post feedback before feedback could be left for them. Since what they are supposed to be rating is simply the promptness and completeness of payment, and that always precedes shipment, it's only reasonable to expect that they leave feedback first.

I would also create an Amazon style feedback process, where buyers could post comments about power sellers' products, not just their business practices.

I once bought a computer bag from a power seller with great feedback. The bag arrived quickly, and matched the description, so I left the guy positive feedback myself. About three months later, the bag fell apart. Turns out that it wasn't really a leather bag, so much as a fabric bag with leather stitched around it to make it look like it was all leather. Since the listing said "guaranteed to last a lifetime," I wrote and asked for a refund. After threatening to start proceedings to withdraw feedback and report him for fraud, he finally agreed to a compromise- he sent me another bag by a different manufacturer.

If there was a better system for feedback, everyone who bought his junky products could have written what happened with them after a few months of use, and the guy would be out of business. Instead, he continues to sell his crap and rake it in! :rage:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Spellflower said:
I would require sellers to post feedback before feedback could be left for them. Since what they are supposed to be rating is simply the promptness and completeness of payment, and that always precedes shipment, it's only reasonable to expect that they leave feedback first.

I've often said the same thing. Ebay is changing their feedback process a bit, though:

Feedback Changes
The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.

Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.

Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)

Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.

When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.

When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.

Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.

All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.

Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

Spellflower said:
I would also create an Amazon style feedback process, where buyers could post comments about power sellers' products, not just their business practices.

If there was a better system for feedback, everyone who bought his junky products could have written what happened with them after a few months of use, and the guy would be out of business. Instead, he continues to sell his crap and rake it in! :rage:

That's a good idea, too, especially for those sellers who sell multiples of the same item.

Cheers,
Tom

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I'm still waiting for the HJ to arrive....maybe today...maybe tomorrow...who knows???...But how do you leave feedback saying the seller is just a "putz"?
Customer service is not really important to him, or maybe because I had already bought the item (and paid)...he figured that answering anything was unimportant[huh] :eek:
So far, most of my purchases have gone very well...but this guy was a...putz....Oh well...Hopefully the hat will arrive today...

Rick Blaine

Yeah, I am waiting on a Borsalino I paid for on 1/16... she "didn't get a chance" to post it untill LAST MONDAY despite the $25 she charged for shipping... putz indeed!

Spellflower

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
.But how do you leave feedback saying the seller is just a "putz"?

Just leave neutral feedback and say in the comment line, "This guy was a putz," or if you prefer, "poor communication, slow shipping." A few neutral or negative feedbacks should put him right, or serve as fair warning to future customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot