Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thought this could be fun ~ Fictional Casting

Wesne

One of the Regulars
I was playing with this very idea recently while watching Cassandra's Dream. I kept imagining this as a late '60s-early '70s film starring Michael Caine in the Ewan McGregor role. I was having a harder time with the part played by Colin Farrell. Sean Connery maybe?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Sky Captain and the World of Toporrow

OK, here goes:

Gwyneth Paltrow - Polly Perkins - Bonita Granville
Jude Law - Sky Captain - John Howard
Giovannli Ribisi - Dex - Sterling Holloway
Michael Gambon - Editor Paley - Lionel Barrymore
Bai Ling - Mysterious Woman - Lili Palmer
Laurence Olivier - Dr Totenkopf - Erich Von Stroehaim
Angelina Jolie - Franky - Carole Landis

You realize, some day they'll have such amazing computer generated graphics that they'll actually be able to create versions of old films with alternate casts, like what we're describing here?
I know, we all hope we never live to see that day. Or maybe we don't?

Edward

Bartender
CharlieH. said:
Peter Sellers in Austin Powers.

Zutt Alors! Zere is a bum en may shig-were!

Fletch said:
Get Shorty is a great choice because if it were less crass and more subtle, it could have been a '40s movie.

Hmmn. Maybe they might even have made a decent film.... I've never read the book - it might be much better - but after haring so many folks whose opinions on cinema I (formerly) trusted rave about it, this was a real let down. Utterly abysmyl.

reetpleat said:
How about BOb Hope and Bing Crosby in a Kevin Smith movie like Dogma.

lol Can you imagine them even thinking about getting away with making Dogma back in the 40s??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner